“Great down home cooking!”
Review of Hamil's Barbeque

Hamil's Barbeque
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
“Great down home cooking!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Mama Hamil's is awesome! Down home, southern cooking - meats, vegetables, and desserts are all wonderful. Reasonably priced for this all you can eat buffet. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Southern Food in Mississippi!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ate there March 15 for lunch and everything I had on the buffet was excellent-fried chicken, smoked chicken, ribs, turnip greens, green beans, limas, fried okra, buttered cabbage, cole slaw and nanner puddin (banana pudding for you yankees). They also had chicken and dressing, fried chicken livers and a host of other delicious edibles in the buffet. Had a double order of the banana pudding and it was almost as good as what I make. The price was only $8.95 for lunch and that included tax. You could not fix this meal at home for that price. The server bringing the drinks was a little slow to get to me but they were doing a booming lunchtime business. This is definitely the place to eat if you are in the area. Great southern soul food!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ralph1948
Flowood, Mississippi
“Not just like mom's cooking, but close!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my visit to Hamil's, the food was delicious! I ate only vegetables but I had plenty to choose from, the greens are my favorite!

I highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner!

1 Thank JGHarv
Mississippi
“Cheap, filling southern cooking served buffet style.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

There is nothing fancy about Hamil's, but if you are in the mood for filling southern food an a lot of it this is the place to go. It's a local institution.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank M2009Mississippi
Vacaville, California
“Down home southern cooking”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am not usually a big buffet eater. But am I glad to have gone to Mama Hamil's. The down home southern food is well worth the stop. What a busy place and I can see why. I loved everything that I put on my plate.

• Visited February 2012