“Good food”

Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Every time we've eaten here, the food and service has been wonderful. This is our favorite restaurant.

3  Thank Dwnckn

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a regular stop for us. We like the soft shell crab, the fried oyster special, the shrimp and the fish dishes with the sauce on the side because it is so rich. They usually have sweet potato fries. The soups are good but the weakest part of the menu are the salads. Caramel pie is a winner.

2  Thank sam m
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were a group of five, and three out of five had cold entrees. Two people sent theirs back to be reheated, the other just ate cold chicken with cold rice. When I was leaving the Resturant, I discovered what the problem was......the food pick-up window is in a hallway that patrons walk by to get to their tables. The front door is not too far from this hallway, so as food sits on the ledge to be delivered to customers it gets cooled by the air coming in the front door. It also seems to be unsanitary to have food waiting on a ledge that patrons pass by......good thing I didn't sneeze or cough as I walked by. But, I did look at it and talk over it.....hope I didn't spit on anything. Prices were a bit high for cold food, and it seems like bread should be served with the meal.

2  Thank ashley c
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is my second time visiting the Strawberry Cafe. I loved the fried green tomatoes. Best I ever had. Really Really delicious! I ate a very good vegetable pasta. Warm place and a good waiter. My husband loved his black fish and we got a good strawberry dessert. I am very glad coming back there. I can't wait to go back again.

2  Thank Dhiene
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a family gathering in Jackson for a long weekend and not knowing much about local restaurants checked Google for some options. After looking at menus for about a dozen places, we decided on the Strawberry Café and were able to make reservations for a party of eight - four adults and four kids - just an hour-and-a-half ahead of time. We were glad we chose the place - it's wonderful. The food was excellent and service was great. Our table was ready for us when we arrived. Our server - Tom - was personable, friendly, attentive and very helpful. We ordered a wide variety of entrees and everything was prepared properly and tasted great. Their kids' menu is pretty extensive, with grilled fish and steak filet options in addition to your typical offerings. In fact two of the kids ordered the filet, which was a good size and butter-knife tender. They have a pretty good adult beverage menu too, with a few craft beer offerings and some distinct cocktail options. Overall this is one of the best dinners we've had in a long time. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

PS - the restaurant is in an old train depot next to still-active tracks. Our kids got to see a freight train go by which was an added bonus!

2  Thank lionfan91