“Tacos!”

Applebee's
Ranked #47 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I ordered the fish tacos and they were good. I enjoyed the buy one, get one free margarita. Service was very friendly

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After being seated, my husband excused himself to wash his hands. While he was away, our waitress arrived for our drink orders. I placed mine but didn't know what my hubby wanted. He returned promptly, but our waitress didn't. When she finally did return, she did not have my drink, but rather took his drink order. In about 5 more minutes, she brought his beer but not my drink. How long does it take to get a Sprite? Based on recent pleasant experiences at another Applebee's, I ordered the potato twisters. When they arrived, the bowl of dip was half empty. When our waitress returned, I requested more dip as I had eaten what little was in the bowl and still had potatoes remaining. Our meal was delivered to us before the extra dip by someone other than our waitress. I asked him about the dip and he deferred to our waitress. When she finally returned, I asked about the dip to which she replied that she was waiting on her manager since the bowl was half empty (????). She eventually brought the dip, not the manager. I had also ordered the pretzels. The came out looking NOTHING like the photo representation in the menu. They were almost burnt, had no salt or other seasoning on them, they looked as if they'd been deep-fried rather than baked because they were covered with "blisters" all over them. At the end of the meal, our waitress returned to ask how we enjoyed everything. She noticed the pretzels mostly uneaten and said that they looked burnt and she was going to take them off the bill (no mention of manager involvement for a bill change, but the manager was required to get more dip? I don't understand.) When we received the bill, the pretzels were credited, but we were charged for an EXTRA bowl of dip - which was also ONLY HALF FULL. I wrote on the receipt that I did not order an extra bowl of dip, but rather the other half of what I should have been served to begin with, and that they could remove that charge from the bill and give that money to the waitress in addition to her minimal tip.

We will NOT return to this Applebee's.

1  Thank MSphotobug
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently enjoyed a delicious lunch at this Applebees on our way from Tunica to Biloxi Mississippi.
Our server, Malcolm was very good and the food was hot and delicious. We are Stripe members so we frequent Applebees as we travel around the country. This place is one to put on your list if you are ever in the Jackson, MS area.

Mary and Bronko