“Our favorite American-style Mexican restaurant”

El Potrillo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is one of our favorite American-style Mexican restaurants to eat at in the Jackson area. I've tried all of the others in Madison along with Flowood, Ridgeland, and such, and this location is by far the best. They recognize us when we walk in and take the time to speak Spanish to the kids and treat them as important too. Food is always great and fast. HUGE variety on the menu and large portions. Great value for the money, and the kids LOVE their beans and rice. (That seems to be how my kids judge the other Mexican restaurants - by how yummy their beans and rice are.) In fact, some fajitas from El Potrillo are sounding fantastic right about now!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This has become one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. Very broad choices on the menu and fresh ingredients at a reasonable price. The margaritas are a perfect balance of sweet and sour. Hard to always hit it right but they have it down. The service is excellent and we are always greeted by one or more of the family members that runs this friendly establishment. We are, and will continue to be, regulars for sure.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Good food, good service and good atmosphere. Really don't understand why they want 100 characters...my review is all i needed to say. That's one reason I hardly ever do reviews.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We go here a lot!! We love the lady that always seats us. We always get a welcoming hug :) my favorite is top shelf margarita. And I always get at least one Tamale... The best!!!! Wide selection on the menu, We have never ate here and got bad food or service!! Lunch hours have the best deals. It's all good here from
my view!!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I got the fajitas. Tasted good. They waiter brought barely a teaspoon full of sour cream and 3 very small tortillas. It took forever to get more tortillas and when I ordered more sour cream he brought out a big bowl of it. Then he proceeded to charge for the "extras" that should have come with the meal.

1  Thank ibuy