“My last two visits have been sorely disappointing.”
Review of Georgia Blue

Georgia Blue
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The set up here is great, but I'm so disappointed because the food used to be really amazing and my last two visits have left me wishing I had chosen another restaurant. Most recently, my husband's order was wrong, my food was ice cold and when I askof for a tomato, I was brought one covered in mayonnaise from somewhere (?) else.
In addition, our server wasn't timely.

On the positive side, the manager apologized profusely and I think he really meant it. Likewise, he removed an item from the bill.

Overalyou of you want to drink and watch a game, go. You will probably enjoy it and may get some surprisingly good food. However, dont go solely for the food because the off days seem to be increasing.

Georgia B, Owner at Georgia Blue, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are sorry your food was not up to standard. I assure you we take pride in our food, and we are striving daily to deliver outstanding quality food and service. Unfortunately we are not perfect, but we are always learning of ways to improve. I sincerely hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Georgia Blue was recommended by the desk clerk at our hotel. Georgia Blue is only about two blocks from the hotel. We were looking for a place we could eat supper and go in jeans.

Okay, being up front about it -- Georgia Blue is a sports bar that caters to the 21 to 40 set. If you are over 45 or 50 you will be in the minority in GB. Just keep that in mind.

The service........
When we got there they were only about half full. By the time we left they had a good many folks waiting to get a table. Strange thing though... Whether half full or completely full they had some of the wait staff just standing around. Other wait staff were busting their rear ends to serve folks. Our service was okay. Our wait person was one of those being pushed to the extreme to wait on many tables. I actually felt sorry for the guy who was trying to cover so many tables. This tells me that the restaurant management is not utilitizing its personnel correctly. Share the work load. Get the customers served and happy quicker!

The food .......
Mine was excellent! I tried the fried green tomato BLT. WOW! Never tasted such a good BLT anywhere. The onion rings that came with it were equally as good. My meal was something you would "write home about." Unfortunately my wife's meal did not come close to mine. She ordered "three of a kind." The presentation was three small burgers (somewhat like sliders) with sweet potato fries. Looked great and her first burger was good. However, when she began to eat the second burger it didn't taste right. She cut the meat patty apart and it was PINK inside. Ditto on the third burger too. That is a no no with ground meat. Ground meat patties must be cooked through and through. We did not make an issue of it since they were so busy. Again, it tells me that managerial control at this particular Georgia Blue is not what it should be.

Someone - or several someones - needs more training and maybe a visit from the home office.

For the above reasons (overworked/underworked staff AND undercooked food) I'm giving them an "iffy 3 star" rating.

Georgia B, Owner at Georgia Blue, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I'm sorry your service was not up to our standard. We strive to exceed our customers' expectations, and clearly we didn't in your case. I sincerely hope you will try us again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

really gourmet food. I love Georgia Blue.
The food is amazing!..don't be foole by the fun, casual, almost sports bar atmosphere.
I love to eat out and there are several great restaurants in jackson Area. Georgia blue hits out of the park with taste!!
Also ....usually low key live music on weekends

Thank you so much for your review!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's no secret that Madison area restaurants start to shut down around 9:00, no later than 10:00p. Being new to the area, this secret was a lesson learned. Roamed around on a Sunday evening that happened to be our anniversary night, looking for a nice, yet casual spot to wind down. Based on positive word-of-mouth reviews about this restaurant, we chose them. Entered the door .. and didn't get too far past the hostess stand. We were told that they would be closing within maybe 30 minutes, so we'd probably want to come back on another visit. What local restaurants talk customers out of business? Fortunately Bonefish Grill was open and eager to accept our business, making our anniversary delectably memorable.

Georgia B, Manager at Georgia Blue, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

We're sorry you missed us on Sunday. Like most restaurants, we close early on Sundays at 9:00. But we are open until midnight on Friday and Saturdays.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not a sports bar per se, but it has enough tv screens around the room to keep most fans happy. Sandwhiches, burgers, wraps and a large variety of brews, botttled and on tap. My favorite here is the Mahi Mahi sandwhich with the sweet potato fries.

Georgia B, Manager at Georgia Blue, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

That's my favorite too. Thanks for the review!