“Decent sushi. Horrible service!”

Nagoya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Japanese
“Decent sushi. Horrible service!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

After waiting four our sushi for just over an hour and having watched 2 tables seated after us get their food, eat, and leave, I told the waitress I would just pay for the beer I had and leave. She brought the owner over and said "oh your ticket was lost please don't leave, your meal will be right out and complementary". I agreed mainly because I was starving after the wait. Sushi was ok, and the ticket comes, 10 dollar discount,nothing "complementary". I paid and left a very unsatisfied customer. You shouldn't say it will be complementary so your customers don't leave then stick them with the bill. Terrible service

Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Affordable Japanese in a casual atmosphere”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good food that doesn't break the bank. they are located in a strip mall and the decor reflects it , but the food is good. I usually go for the sushi, but they have a hibachi grill as well. This is a popular lunch spot with the locals. so it can get a little crowded.

Visited October 2012
Vacaville, California
“Such a fun experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Love coming here. The food is consistently good! The hibachi chef is always entertaining. Food is also reasonably priced.

Vicksburg MS
“great lunch, fine food”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Almost everything was outstanding: my wife and I shared two rolls, a Caterpillar and a 3 Musketeers, which was a special that was really special (tuna, salmon, and white fish with avocado and spices and who knows what else). The rolls were beatifully presented, very fresh and tasty. We also split the tuna tataki appetizer, which was perfectly prepared, and tempura veggies, which were also excellent. Our friends had a bit more mixed reviews: grilled yellow tail neck was a bit too fishy tasting, soft shell crab appetizer was delicious, but without fresh veggies that menu said came with it, shrimp and avocado salad was quite good. We each had a glass of wine, and tab was about $80 for four. Service was a little slow and waitress did not know what the specials were, and once she had written them down for us she could not tell us what the 4 specials consisted of. Still, everyone was very pleasant, food arrived quickly, nice, comfortable atmosphere. We prefer to stay away from the hibachi showmanship, but it's there for those who want it.

• Visited September 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Not as Good as It used to Be”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Have been here several times. This was my most disappointing visit.

Service is always very attentive and friendly. But in this last visit I was disappointed in the food. Sushi was ok, but not exciting. The yellowtail cheek/collar was ok, but not as good in the past. Don't think it was the preparation.. The quality of the fish is my concern.

The tempura oyster roll was a huge disappointment. The oyster lacked any flavor. There was no tempura crunch. The rice was soft, the oyster was soft, and the tempura was mushy. A bad dish. Very disappointing.

I would return, but would be very selective in my choices.

• Visited June 2012