“Not as Good as It used to Be”

Nagoya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Have been here several times. This was my most disappointing visit.

Service is always very attentive and friendly. But in this last visit I was disappointed in the food. Sushi was ok, but not exciting. The yellowtail cheek/collar was ok, but not as good in the past. Don't think it was the preparation.. The quality of the fish is my concern.

The tempura oyster roll was a huge disappointment. The oyster lacked any flavor. There was no tempura crunch. The rice was soft, the oyster was soft, and the tempura was mushy. A bad dish. Very disappointing.

I would return, but would be very selective in my choices.

1  Thank LorenzoLorenzo

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I really enjoy Japanese Habachi but my overall experience with the quality of food did not leave up to my expectations at Nagoya. The staff was very friendly. The food could have been better prepared and could use more flavor to it. When I am in the area again I will try another Japanese restaurant.