“Clean Rooms”
Review of Rocky Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucedale
Rocky Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Lucedale B&B and Inns
Tallahassee, Florida
“Clean Rooms”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I must admit the rooms were large and clean. I was very happy upon check in and the young man at the desk was very friendly. But the older lady that worked the desk the next morning could care less. She spent the majority of her time talking to a relative at the desk. The breakfast items were sparse. I witnessed two seperate older couples request more items and she just stated they didn't have anything else. My girls actually requested we go out for b-fast. Upon leaving the area I looked in the kitched area and there were plenty of items availabe, the clerk was just to busy talking to a friend/relative to bring it out. Poor customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jackie g
RockyCreekInn, Manager at Rocky Creek Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
First off, I would like to thank you for staying with us as well as taking the time to post a review. As a small business, customer feedback and satisfaction are of the upmost importance to us. I sincerely apologize for the bad experience with the aforementioned clerk. The problem has been addressed, and I assure you this is not typical behavior for my staff. We hope you choose us again when passing through.
Barry Wall
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arkansas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff at this motel are very polite and freindly.I've stayed at this place several times.Very clean rooms and you can't go wrong staying here.Very afforable,Pet friendly,and very Quiet.It's not to far to Mobil Alabama or Hattiesburg Mississippi.We allways tell freinds ,family and co-workers that we would highly recomend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ArkansasBeachwatcher
Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This motel is clearly a "working man's" place away from home. There were a lot of hard working guys clealy staying the night away from home. They left their muddy boots outside their rooms.

It is clean, has cable TV and Internet (not expected), basic breakfast in the morning (cereal). It was clean but the fixtures/bed dated. There was ample room in the parking lot for my UHaul truck/car trailer.

I would not normally stay at this motel or one like it, but I was alone, moving and the simplicity was perfect for my situation. If you do not require ambiance or luxury, this is a very clean basic place to get a night's sleep. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Tricky to get to motel from service road next to adjoining gas station. There is parking all around...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank vbasic
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Rocky Creek Inn has an outstanding housekeeping staff, clean facility, well maintained, and comfortable. It is located in a very nice rural setting just off the 4 lane highway, not too far from Lucedale, a quaint little Mississippi town, and not too far from a rather large southern metropolitan area around Mobile, Alabama. There is plenty to do in the area, fishing, hunting, sightseeing and shopping. Mobile and Lucedale have a lot of historical interest. The front staff varies from indifferent to engaging. But don't plan on a real continental breakfast! There was no fresh fruit, no egg, no whole grain bread (only sliced soft white bread) 2 kinds of dried cereal, envelopes of white grits and oatmeal, orange juice, coffee, and a dab of whipped margarine. The best thing on the board was the gummy blueberry muffin. Not a problem, though. There is a nice little refrigerator in the room, coffee pot, and a little microwave. Bring a crockpot or toaster oven, and a few groceries, and you can make your own continental breakfast to start your day! There are nice cafes and restaurants within 10 to 20 miles eastward or westward.

Room Tip: I didn't see a fitness center, and was not invited to use one. There was a nice pool in the cour...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This motel was inexpensive, clean, and well-run. The man behind the desk was extremely nice and directed us to a wonderful catfish restaurant down the road. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! My only issue was with my bed. It was comfy but whenever I got in and out it was creaky, so I woke my husband up a few times.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amelia K
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This Inn was perfect. I stayed here September 9-11, 2011 and it was very nice. From the moment I called to make a reservation until I checked out the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and nice. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and did not get the great service that I received at Rocky Creek Inn. The Innis located in a great spot between Mobile and Hattisburg. I had apointments in both places so this was great. As i checked out the Sunday morning the lady at the front desk was so kind.

I will stay here in the future..

I would reccomend this over the Holiday Inn Express. Cheaper and teh people are alot friendlier.

Room Tip: Stay here all rooms are great.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New Boston
Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed here twice in December 2010 on our way to and from Florida. Convenient location, room was comfortable and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the cost was quire reasonable. We will definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Redlyn522
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucedale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lucedale
Days Inn North Mobile
Days Inn North Mobile
#22 of 64 in Mobile
Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile Providence Park/Airport

Been to Rocky Creek Inn? Share your experiences!