If you stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels frequently, you may find this facility on the "lite" side of providing the service that you have come to expect from the brand. Nevertheless, it is likely the best you will find in the area. The location is very convenient and accessible.
One example of the "lite" nature of the hotel is that they place just shampoo and conditioner in the room for the guest's convenience. In the Ooltewah, TN Holiday Inn Express, for example, they also provide at least mouthwash and hand lotion. If this hotel was a bargain, I wouldn't mind the reduced amenities. Since they charge similar rates to other main line HI Express locations, it comes across as just being cheap.
Some rooms have older model heating/cooling units that have a very noisy blower. If you are sensitive to that noise level, you may have trouble sleeping. (I didn't, but it was very noticeable). The next night I stayed there I got one with a newer digital control panel and the low fan setting was very pleasing.
I was in three different rooms at this facility, and each one had a bit of a smell. The first was supposed to be non-smoking, but my sensitive nose suggested that somebody had smoked in that room previously. My companion in another room also noted that there was a smell too. Not bad, but just not good. Note that I would still stay at this facility again, so the smell wasn't bad - it just wasn't as inviting as one would desire.
They started part of breakfast very early, which was appreciated by the workers that had to depart just after 5 am to start their day.
Room cleanliness was decent, especially considering what I have seen at most places in the deep south. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I found the beds very comfortable. Rooms include a ceiling fan with a on/off & speed control on the wall.
Overall, a reasonable place that I would stay at again but I wouldn't rave about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel Lucedale, MS. Minutes from downtown Lucedale, travelers appreciate how our corporate atmosphere makes comfort and convenience a top priority. We are located only 30 Miles from Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) and are located off of Highway 98, the main artery between Mobile, AL and Hattiesburg, MS. This Lucedale hotel will help maintain your exercise regimen with our fitness center, outdoor pool, and proximity to beautiful hiking trails. Catch up on work in our business center which features high speed internet access.Our event space and outstanding service makes Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lucedale ideal for banquets, retreats, weddings, and family reunions. Businesses near hotel: American Tank and Vessel Co., Eubanks & Eubanks, and Magnolia TrailersAttractions near hotel: Palestine Gardens, George County Fairgrounds and Multipurpose Facility, and Gingham Tree Arts & Crafts Festival. Additional hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning as well as evening cookies and coffee in our great room. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lucedale is the place to STAY SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lucedale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lucedale Hotel Lucedale
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Lucedale
- Holiday Inn Lucedale
- Lucedale Holiday Inn