“Really nice place to eat”

Rocky Creek Catfish Cottage
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Lucedale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lucedale, Mississippi
“Really nice place to eat”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

When we went to Rocky Creek, I wasn't expecting much. I like some seafood, but catfish is not one of my favorites.

Upon entering the restaurant you immediately think you walked into a "Cracker Barrel", as it's set up about the same complete with rocking chairs out front. We went on a Saturday evening and the place was packed, but they seemed to move people in and out at a good pace, so the wait wasn't real bad.

When we got our drink order they brought us a bowl of hush puppies and nacho cheese. I had never tried that and was surprised, first at how good the hush puppies were, and second at how well they went with the cheese.

When we got our order I took the first bite of my catfish and knew it was farm raised, and it had a great taste to it, not a fishy or bottom feeding taste. The meal was good, the all you can eat buffet is the way to go if you eat a lot, but a single plate would be plenty for most normal eaters.

I highly recommend this restaurant and it's friendly staff!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank VeeDub57

Mobile, Alabama
“Oh My, Had better food and service in many other places.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

"Do you want a menu?" That was not a good start for me. I do see that the owner and staff love the locals and the locals relish the attention but, outsiders are not part of "the club". It was really comical how we were treated. I guess they have all the customers they need which is good because the food was flat as well. Fried catfish tasted as if fried in old oil but I did enjoy the hush puppies. Bland grilled fish that my husband had. I was also annoyed by the fact that a lady at a table behind us had to ask three times for more tea. We are from Mobile and we have heard good and not so good and wanted to try for our selves. We won't be back and it seems that people we talk to about it have one comment in common, "not consistent". I do hope they improve.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank MarvinIII
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Great family dining spot!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food and service were fantastic! Visited all the way from Rhode Island was told by a local to try the cat fish and hush puppies. My kids loved the food!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank coleyfromri
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Love the people and catfish is the best around . I would and will visit many more times. The oysters are consistently fried very crisp as requested without being dry . The shrimp is fresh

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gail H
Lucedale, Mississippi, United States
“best catfish around”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The best catfish around we go when we can you cant beat it. the hushpuppys and the cole slaw is great,the catfish is fried just right crispy but tender inside.

• Visited October 2013