“Oh My, Had better food and service in many other places.”

Rocky Creek Catfish Cottage
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Lucedale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mobile, Alabama
“Oh My, Had better food and service in many other places.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

"Do you want a menu?" That was not a good start for me. I do see that the owner and staff love the locals and the locals relish the attention but, outsiders are not part of "the club". It was really comical how we were treated. I guess they have all the customers they need which is good because the food was flat as well. Fried catfish tasted as if fried in old oil but I did enjoy the hush puppies. Bland grilled fish that my husband had. I was also annoyed by the fact that a lady at a table behind us had to ask three times for more tea. We are from Mobile and we have heard good and not so good and wanted to try for our selves. We won't be back and it seems that people we talk to about it have one comment in common, "not consistent". I do hope they improve.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank MarvinIII

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Great family dining spot!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food and service were fantastic! Visited all the way from Rhode Island was told by a local to try the cat fish and hush puppies. My kids loved the food!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank coleyfromri
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Love the people and catfish is the best around . I would and will visit many more times. The oysters are consistently fried very crisp as requested without being dry . The shrimp is fresh

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gail H
Lucedale, Mississippi, United States
“best catfish around”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The best catfish around we go when we can you cant beat it. the hushpuppys and the cole slaw is great,the catfish is fried just right crispy but tender inside.

• Visited October 2013
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best fried catfish, hushpuppies”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

worth the drive!!! great food, great service! We have been going here for four years at least three times a year and have never been disappointed. One of our favorite places.

• Visited November 2013