Quality Inn
Western Motel(Philadelphia)
$51
Priceline
Deluxe Inn & Suites(Philadelphia)
$55
  • Breakfast included
HomeGate Inn(Louisville)
Dancing Rabbit Inn(Philadelphia)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The whole thing did not go well...We met friends there. My friend had 4 adopted children, and I had 3. We asked for adjoining rooms, which were dirty when we got there. There were only 2 adults. We were only going to be there at nite, as we were going to the lake for the day. They took pets so i had brought my dog, a dachound. We had to sit in one room, while they cleaned the other. So we were all in one room. The cleaning lady went and complained abt how many kids there were, because we were having to sit in one room. Paid the money for the dog, but because we had the dog in the other room while we were waiting, they made us pay another 10 because he was in the other room!!! We had no choice at the time, because they hadnt cleaned our room!!
When the children were bringing up luggage, they were looking out the window, watching every move we made/ Finally as we were leaving to go to the lake, they called our room and startedd questioning us about the kids. Told us we would have to rent another room ....we had 1 child too many!! They knew how many children there were. We went to talk to them and tried to explain that we cant leave a child alone in a room...

The room smelled..airconditioner didnt work, pool was not very clean. And when we went to check the owners child is running around the sitting area barefooted and hitting a balloon, Yelling pestering his mother and interupting our checkin. When we came back to get a refund, AFTER WE WERE TOLD WE HAD TO LEAVE~ My credit card fell out of my purse on the desk and the man threw my card across the counter at me saying he didnt need it. Also, his whole family was sitting in the lobby, mother father kid ......
the place was dirty behind the counter, you could see down the hallway and it was very junky and cluttered.... Not a good experience...

Room Tip: If you are there go to the Lake Tiak Okata hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lisastar65
samms235, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

they have more than 4 people in roon and i go by fire law so i gave then refund and refuse to rent them a room and they did not like that.i was the one my self walkinh in them room and when i see more than 4people in room i told them to get another room they refuse to take another room so i dont have any choice to refuse to rent them a room.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I would imagine, due to it's location, for most visitors this hotel is normally a one night stay. It is very clean and front desk staff was very friendly. It is a good place to stay the night while traveling. Further, it is 30 miles away from Mississippi State University if traveling to an athletic event on campus. This hotel would be much less expensive than those in Starkville during a big athletic event.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2010

They called us at the funeral home checking to see WHEN were we going to check in. Considering we were one of three rooms booked for the funeral and it didn't look like there was anyone else staying there, it's not exactly like they needed to release the rooms.

Supposedly our rooms were being comp'd but we got there and had to pay for them.

I work in construction and let me tell you, this places is the pits. I've never stayed anywhere nastier!

They thought they would cover over problems by using the textured paint stuff an just put it over everything. No blocking in the walls for towel bars and such - no problem, put a very unfinished piece of 2x4 on the wall and screw the accessorites to it. Refinish/paint the room, no problem, don't remove anything from the wall and paint around it best you can. Who cares if the raw 2x4 underneath shows?

OH - and mold - HORRIBLE mold behind the toilet. I'm not talking about just a little. It was almost completely black behind the toilet.

I don't pack toiletries a lot because of airline rules and things leaking so I didn't pack any here. BIG mistake. Couldn't find any shampoo and stuff so had to put clothes on to run across the highway to Wal-Mart before we could get dressed for the funeral. I will note that as we packed to leave we did find a little 'packet' of shampoo in the living area. It was like one of the samples they send you in the mail except I don't even think it had that much shampoo in it. It might have been enough if you had a crew cut and a bald head but not enough for two women with full heads of hair.

One of the party asked about staying behind for an hour or so because they had no where to go until the funeral home opened for the visitation and viewing. They told them it would be $20 for an hour. Remember, this place was EMPTY!!!

There were other things, it was just everything horrible you can imagine.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank MusicCityMissy
qualityinnl0uisville, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn during your last visit to our area.

At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We have investigated and addressed all the issues based on your observations.

We also have taken whatever steps necessary to avoid such unpleasant incidence. We shall see that it is never happens in future.

We also have given special training and instructions to the hotel staff to check all the rooms prior to checking in a new guest.

We assure you and request you to consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed March 26, 2008

I had a one night stay here on a tour of the area.Not much to say really apart from its a nice clean establishment in a quiet location off the main road.It was perfect for a one night stay and i would recommend it to anyone.All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Thank puma1.716v
Reviewed June 27, 2006

Rooms were clean and the desk staff helpful. Would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business