“Awesome time”

Lake Tiak-O'Khata Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We stayed in one of the cabins, and enjoyed it so much. We were their for the Sturgus Bike rally. The lake is beautifull, the sun setting was awesome. We ate at the lodge, the steaks were great. We are looking forward to going back.

Stayed: August 2003

Reviewed August 19, 2007

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary in April and it was really nice so we booked a family getaway for September with our kids and my parents. We booked this in the first week of May. I got a call last Saturday (1 month before) saying we could not have the cabin b/c the manager is allowing people to stay long term. My husband called and asked to speak to the manager. The lady he spoke with put him on hold and came back and said "They said to tell you they won't talk to you and you cannot have the cabin". She also told him that she was trying to help us out by calling us a month in advance so that we wouldn't just show up and find out when we got there. My advice is to beware that you may be bumped and to be sure and have a plan B.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank McTurtle
Reviewed March 27, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Lake Tiak O'Khata just to check it out. Since then we have returned to that resort several times. We take our guests visiting us from out of town there. We all have enjoyed the stay there.
If we take just the room, it is just average or above average. However, the surrounding lake, hiking tracks, wilderness, nature, etc. make it a very enjoyable place; especially for those who like quietness. The friendliness of the staff, country style meals, and the open space are added attractions.
For those who love city life and luxury, this may not be the right kind of place. It is a lovely place for those who enjoy nature and calm atmosphere. I will be going back there again.

Stayed: March 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Jackson, MS
Reviewed May 31, 2006

I was very pleased with the nites I spent there at Lake Tiak O'Khata. A friend of mine told me about the place. I was a little scepticle at first but, I've been there twice already and each time the stay was quite acceptable. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from their busy life to get some rest and relaxation. Thanks so much for your hospitality.

P.S. I will be back.
Rested

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Lake Tiak-O'Khata Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lake Tiak-O'Khata Resort

Address: 213 Smyth Lake Rd, P. O. Box 160, Louisville, MS 39339-9674
Location: United States > Mississippi > Louisville
Beach Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Louisville
Price Range: $80 - $92 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Lake Tiak-O'Khata Resort 2.5*
Peaceful, relaxing resort located on beautiful Lake Tiak-O'Khata. 77 motel units, 5 lakefront cabins, bunkhouse facility, RV campground, excellent full service restaurant on site, conference facilities to accommodate 10 - 450 guests, affordable group packages including meals, lodging, and access to one of nine meeting rooms. Perfect for family reunions with swimming, water slides, fishing, and tennis. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Lake Tiak-O'Khata Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lake Tiak-o`Khata Hotel Louisville