“Excellent fried green tomatoes and oysters! Oyster shooters were good too!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cajun Crawfish

Cajun Crawfish
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakeland TN
“Excellent fried green tomatoes and oysters! Oyster shooters were good too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

The atmosphere was open and not very romantic, but the food mad up for it. i have never had fried green tomatoes before and tried them here. They did not disappoint. the sauce was great and the tomatoes were hot and very good. The baked oysters were fresh and tasty too!
the service was alright. We came in about 20 minutes before they were closing.They did not rush us but we probably would have enjoyed ourselves more had we came in a little earlier.
When we come back to this area we will come back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Worth the money!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great food, pretty good service, great price!!! New location has a wonderful view of marina and you can choose to sit outside if you wish..... Love the boiled shrimp!!!

minnesota
“Worst service I can remember, ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

The Cajun Crawfish Hut is fairly recently rebuilt across the highway from the harbor. The decor is almost nonexistant, but the front outdoor area is pleasant, sort of like a picnic with a nice view. We ordered drinks right away, but they took forever to be delivered. The menu mostly consists of deep fried various seafood, but in multiple variations, so we took quite awhile figuring out what we wanted to order. When one person ordered crawfish, the waitress said "We don't have crawfish". When he expressed dismay that she didn't tell us that in the first place, she said "We never have crawfish on Mondays". As snottily as if every tourist should know that. While he began thinking about how to change his order she argued with me about what I wanted. Three times I pointed to it on the menu. Three times I told her I wanted the appetizer version of grilled shrimp, NOT the shrimp dinner plate. The food took forever to be delivered, as the waitress was busy chatting. Sure enough she brought me the shrimp dinner plate, and told me that's what I ordered. She nearly threw a hissy fit when I made her take it back, then of course my shrimp was served cold. Six shrimp on a skewer, nothing else on the plate, no sauce. It was tasty, but I was nearlry exhausted from the ordeal. When I reminded her that I had also ordered a dinner salad, she acted like she was doing me a huge favor in getting it for me. The salad was a disappointment. The menu listed several ingredients but all I got was iceberg lettuce with one shred of carrot in it.The others had deep fried oysters and gator, gumbo, pork chop sandwich and oysters on the half shell. All of that was said to be good, not great. Amazingly, she got the bill correct and did not charge me for the dinner plate.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Gotta try the gator!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

If you have a hankering for some good gator...this is the place to go (during gator season of course!). I tried the fried gator appetizer, the combination dinner plate with gator AND the gator sausage. All were delicious!

I've been a couple times now and I typically receive excellent service from the waitstaff (the 30ish waitress with the tattoos is an incredibly attentive waitress, you won't have to ask for refills). On one visit I had an older woman as my waitress (I'm terrible with names) and it was about the worst service I've received...ANYWHERE.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointed by the food and prices. Best part about the place was Fox News and tributes to the military on the walls”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were traveling between Florida and Texas and looked online for the best place to find crawfish. We called ahead to make sure they planned to have crawfish available a good 1.5 to 2 hours before closing. We arrived on time, ordered crawfish and the shrimp on a stick. Moments later, the waitress let us know they just ran out of crawfish. Pretty frustrating! The place was empty and the waitress seemed really embarrassed. We stayed, which was a mistake. Shrimp wasn't deveined. It was tough as well and dry. Fries were tasteless and bread was boring. We ordered charbroiled oysters with italian butter sauce, etc. Also not good. Overpriced and simply not good. The best part about the place was that they were playing Fox News and had tributes to the military throughout the place. Kudos to them for that. Sad to say, we won't be going back.

• Visited February 2012