“Gotta try the gator!”

Cajun Crawfish
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed March 9, 2012

If you have a hankering for some good gator...this is the place to go (during gator season of course!). I tried the fried gator appetizer, the combination dinner plate with gator AND the gator sausage. All were delicious!

I've been a couple times now and I typically receive excellent service from the waitstaff (the 30ish waitress with the tattoos is an incredibly attentive waitress, you won't have to ask for refills). On one visit I had an older woman as my waitress (I'm terrible with names) and it was about the worst service I've received...ANYWHERE.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We were traveling between Florida and Texas and looked online for the best place to find crawfish. We called ahead to make sure they planned to have crawfish available a good 1.5 to 2 hours before closing. We arrived on time, ordered crawfish and the shrimp on a stick. Moments later, the waitress let us know they just ran out of crawfish. Pretty frustrating! The place was empty and the waitress seemed really embarrassed. We stayed, which was a mistake. Shrimp wasn't deveined. It was tough as well and dry. Fries were tasteless and bread was boring. We ordered charbroiled oysters with italian butter sauce, etc. Also not good. Overpriced and simply not good. The best part about the place was that they were playing Fox News and had tributes to the military throughout the place. Kudos to them for that. Sad to say, we won't be going back.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Back on the beach with a high rise view of the Gulf. Can't beat the fried shrimp and oyster dishes. Great fried mushrooms! One of my favorite dishes. Love that special sauce they use.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Overlooks the harbor. Fairly new building, sits well above ground as is common with new beachfront commercial property. The elevation makes for a nice view. Good food, we had a variety of shrimp dishes and all were good. Prices were reasonable, service good considering we were there between lunch and dinner.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

My family and I went to celebrate my birthday and my dads birthday. The service was nothing to write home about. NO SUBSTITUTIONS should be added to the menu somewhere... I was willing to trade my fries and add a dollar or two for a cup of gumbo but there was NO WAY that was going to happen. My brother had the shrimp alfredo, which looked pretty good, my mom had catfish and shrimp, my dad had catfish and crawfish and i had the grilled shrimp on a stick. The shrimp were very rubbery, maybe over cooked. The atmosphere in there was just sad... no music, it almost felt like you should just go in eat and get out. No reason to stay and enjoy the view. With such a great building, view and location, I expected waaaaay more out of my experience.