“Visited from Iowa”

Steve's Marina Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood and steaks
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visited from Iowa”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I came down to Long Beach to check out the area. I was told by a couple of girls who live in the area that Steve's has the best seafood around. We decided to go there. We had no reservations, there were 4 of us, the restaurant was almost full, they got us in and sat us right away. The service was fantastic, the wait staff, even though busy took the time to explain everything on the menu to us. The girls did not steer us wrong!!!

I am NOT a seafood lover, but I ordered their fried flounder because I know I like it. I do not know what I have been eating all along because that flounder was out of this world. I still dream about it at night. I ordered the sauce on the side and, heaven forbid, tartar sauce. The staff said nothing about my faux pas on the tartar sauce and discreetly brought it to me in plastic lidded cups. The fish was thick, white, flakey, moist, cooked to a beautiful golden color. I do not remember what else I ordered, other than the sauce, which was amazing and I am so glad I ordered it on the side. I about cried when I couldn't eat it all. Knowing I would never get around to eating the cold leftovers in a hotel. I am ready to move to Long Beach just so I can eat again and again at this fabulous restaurant.

By the way, when we walked in, you could not tell there was any seafood around because there was absolutely no odor of any kind of fish in the place. The seafood was that fresh.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LandlockedAnnie

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome date night!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Out on our second date,trying to decide what to do,we decided on Steve's for dinner. First time there for both of us,and sure glad we stopped!
We started our meal with fried green tomatoes with crab meat and hollandaise,oh my! Can't say enough about them,terrific!
I had a captains ribeye; shrimp,crab.mushrooms and sauce.might be the best steak I've eaten.
She settled on snapper cat island; shrimp,crabmeat and artichoke hearts in a lemon butter! I couldn't help but sneak a cpl bites!
We were to full for dessert,but will be back to try the bread pudding,who the table next to us couldn't stop talking about.
Would definetly recommend to anybody looking for a greatocal seafood place.

1 Thank Quadstyle
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Outstanding Mofalotta”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Enough for 2 or 3 people with one sandwich. Kind of Salty, you must like olives. Service is great. They have moved back to the beach now and the views are awesome

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Brenda O
Seattle, Washington
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Atmostphere!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyrfriend and I were driving around looking for a local place to eat and came across Steve's. We decided to give it a try. We were so glad we did! We both got the Seafood Platter with fried shrimp, oysters, flounder and french fries. We also got an appetizer. The portions were HUGE and tasted great too!!! Neither one of us could finish and we are both pretty good eaters! It was a tremendous value for the price! Also, I saw a review posted earlier that mentioned that the salad left a little to be desired. I would respectfully disagree. The starter salad that was included in the meal tasted fresh and was a good mix of greens. It was NOT a pre-made iceberg lettuce salad that has obviously been sitting in a cooler all day like you get at some places. And the ranch dressing was thick and tasted freshly made. It did not taste like it came from a bottle. The wait staff was excellent as well! Our server was attentive but not overbearing and the manager also walked by and asked how everything was. Not to mention the VIEW! The restaurant is right on the water and the entire wall is full of windows over-looking it. I work in the hotel industry and travel quite a bit so I eat out for almost every meal, and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank elle77b
Orange, Texas
“good food with a great view”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

As we were heading back to New Orleans from the Islandview Casino in Gulfport, we noticed the restaurant on the beach side and decided to stop for lunch. One in our group of 4 was dreading the climb up the stairs and then noticed the elevator.....very nice! The restaurant was very clean, nice bathrooms, friendly wait staff. The onion rings we ordered for an appetizer were excellent....light and crisp. Everyone was pleased with their meals and their salads. The most raves came from the ones who ordered the crab cakes, of which I was one. Absolutely delicious served with an order of vegetables. These vegetables (squash, zuccini, carrots, broccoli) were cooked nicely with lots of seasoning. The tea was good too. Although it was a rare sunny winter day, we chose to sit inside....alittle too chilly. If we ever come back this way again, I would love to sit out on the deck to enjoy the view; wonderful view from inside too.

Visited January 2013