“Seafood is good and portions large”

Steve's Marina Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood and steaks
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The butterflied shrimp meal I had was great. The salads leave a little to be desired. The main dish that I ordered had so many shrimp I could not finishe them in one sitting. The sweet ice tea is great and overall it is an good value for the money!

1  Thank Lulutude

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Quiet Monday night on the balcony, fresh fried gulf shrimp and key lime pie. Welcome to the gulf!

Only four table occupied during our meal, friendly knowledgeable waitstaff, local beer. No Malbec, but decent Merlot. And we had a nice chat with people from Arkansas, Missouri, and a table of locals.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I have been going to eat a Steve's Restaurant for several years and were very glad to see it come back to the beach. However, our last visit was less than enjoyable. It was the first week in October, 2012 and we were celebrating a specific occasion with family. It was my husband and myself, my sister, her daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter. When we sat down at the table my sister's son-in-law found a coupon on-line for $10.00 off one total ticket. So we asked the wait staff if that coupon could be honored on that date. The wait staff left the table to "ask someone." She returned to say that the manager said that the coupon was restricted to only one per table. He also said that it could only be used if the individual orders were broken up into groups, not just on one bid ticket. So we made 3 separate tickets, my husband and myself, my sister, and my sister's daughter and her family. We had a good meal and enjoyed visiting as we ate. However, after the meal was over, we were handed our checks with an apology from the wait staff. As she handed out the checks, she said, "I'm so sorry, but my manager says that because there are 3 separate checks at one table, there is an automatic 18% gratuity charged to each ticket. We could not believe what we were hearing. Okay, lets recap: Couldn't use the coupon without making at least 3 checks, but because it was 3 checks, he HAD to charge an 18% gratuity!!! Well, it became all too clear that the manager was inventing ways to get his $10.00. back from that coupon!!! We all decided that the wait staff had given good service and she deserved the 15% tip, but 18% was not going to happen. We adjusted our checks accordingly...we paid out tickets and were leaving the restaurant when the wait staff came to tell use that the manager to her that she was going to have to make up the extra gratuity. YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. I truly was so angry I could not say a word. We were all speechless. We eventually told the girl that there was no way she would have to pay the manager to make up her tip and that she should find another job!!! I surely hope she took our advise. I also hope that the owner of Steve's Marina Restaurant looks at these reviews because he will be losing LOTS of customers if this is a true example of their hospitality!!! Paula Kirk, Diamondhead, MS (Steve, feel free to call anytime!!!)

3  Thank Paula K
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Steve's Marina in Long Beach is a great place to enjoy a good meal! Your expectations of good food, good service, an awesome view will all be fulfilled! Be careful....the portions are very large!
They do serve desserts, but I don't think I have ever ordered one.........sometimes I only order fried green tomatoe with crab meat appetizer (my husband always gives me his salad) and I need nothing else but a nice glass of wine. Locally owned and proud of it!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was very impressed with this place. It's a very casual restaurant on stilts overlooking the water, so the view is obviously great. Our server was wonderful, knowledgeable about the dishes, helpful but not overbearing. I was particularly impressed with the variety and number of items on the menu. Not being a big seafood eater (I know that's heresy on the Gulf Coast) I was able to find many tempting choices. Good job!