“Authentic Seafood Restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The service and food were amazing. The seafood was fresh and prepared beautifully. This was our first restaurant after arriving in Long Beach and we wish we would have had every meal there. There is a large menu selection if you were not wanting seafood. The views of the Gulf of Mexico are beautiful also!

2  Thank DeeDee65_11
There are newer reviews for Harbor View Cafe

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Over the years I have eaten at Harbor View when I am in the area. Since they ave moved to their new location, while the building is beautiful, the food is not that good anymore. I love fried oysters and now they are not worth eating. Hope they go back to the way they were fried either when in the shopping center or the location prior to Katrina.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

In its third location now. Always known for quality salads and po-boys. Now has a fuller range of offerings. Delightful servers; accommodating management. Always a memorable experience.

Though my visit is listed as "May '12", I actually have sampled the fare from all three locations, starting before "the storm" (Katrina) when they were in Pass Christian where my parents live and ending when I returned to Belleville, IL, in June '11. The quality of their meals has been uniform(ly great) over all locations. As a present for special occasions, I call them and get my father a gift card sufficient for a party of six.

1  Thank deGator
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I normally think of it as the best oyster and shrimp PoBoy in the area for the last 20 years however I have eaten there twice in the last month after a hiatus of a year or so and found the shrimp and oysters to be lacking in the PoBoy and some of the other food just average.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was in the Long Beach area on business. I heard that Harbor View Cafe was a good choice for dinner so I tried it out. I agree; it was a good choice. The waitress and staff were super nice. The food was also great. I had the salmon and vegetables and pecan pie for dessert. The staff and food was excellent! This is a good choice and worth the drive if I am in the area again.

1  Thank Tennesse_Travel