“Not as good as it used to be” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harbor View Cafe

Harbor View Cafe
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Over the years I have eaten at Harbor View when I am in the area. Since they ave moved to their new location, while the building is beautiful, the food is not that good anymore. I love fried oysters and now they are not worth eating. Hope they go back to the way they were fried either when in the shopping center or the location prior to Katrina.

Visited April 2013

Belleville, Illinois
“Busy, and rightfully so.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

In its third location now. Always known for quality salads and po-boys. Now has a fuller range of offerings. Delightful servers; accommodating management. Always a memorable experience.

Though my visit is listed as "May '12", I actually have sampled the fare from all three locations, starting before "the storm" (Katrina) when they were in Pass Christian where my parents live and ending when I returned to Belleville, IL, in June '11. The quality of their meals has been uniform(ly great) over all locations. As a present for special occasions, I call them and get my father a gift card sufficient for a party of six.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank deGator
New Orleans
“This place is not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I normally think of it as the best oyster and shrimp PoBoy in the area for the last 20 years however I have eaten there twice in the last month after a hiatus of a year or so and found the shrimp and oysters to be lacking in the PoBoy and some of the other food just average.

Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Friendly people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was in the Long Beach area on business. I heard that Harbor View Cafe was a good choice for dinner so I tried it out. I agree; it was a good choice. The waitress and staff were super nice. The food was also great. I had the salmon and vegetables and pecan pie for dessert. The staff and food was excellent! This is a good choice and worth the drive if I am in the area again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tennesse_Travel
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Great Food, Setting, & Memories”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been a customer of Harbor View Cafe through quite a few transitions, from its original pre-Katrina location on the Gulf to its temporary inland address and now back near the water in downtown Long Beach. The food has helped make this establishment a constant recommendation for out-of-towners looking for a great "Gulf Coast" meal. My wife, parents, grandparents, and I visited for lunch this past Sunday, and I was finally able to experience the relatively new building. Service was quick, seating us immediately despite our large group and the Sunday lunch crowd. The food, as always, was fantastic. I had a cup of the Bayou Bisque and a roast beef poboy. The bisque had just enough spice and left me wishing I had ordered a bowl instead. The poboy was a taste from childhood and left a trail of gravy--a warning to some, but a sign of a well-executed New Orleans-style roast beef poboy to me. I only wish the weather had been slightly warmer so that we could have enjoyed the large wraparound porch with its scenic view of the live oaks and beachfront--next time!

• Visited February 2013