“Busy, and rightfully so.”
Review of Harbor View Cafe

Harbor View Cafe
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belleville, Illinois
“Busy, and rightfully so.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

In its third location now. Always known for quality salads and po-boys. Now has a fuller range of offerings. Delightful servers; accommodating management. Always a memorable experience.

Though my visit is listed as "May '12", I actually have sampled the fare from all three locations, starting before "the storm" (Katrina) when they were in Pass Christian where my parents live and ending when I returned to Belleville, IL, in June '11. The quality of their meals has been uniform(ly great) over all locations. As a present for special occasions, I call them and get my father a gift card sufficient for a party of six.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank deGator

New Orleans
“This place is not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I normally think of it as the best oyster and shrimp PoBoy in the area for the last 20 years however I have eaten there twice in the last month after a hiatus of a year or so and found the shrimp and oysters to be lacking in the PoBoy and some of the other food just average.

Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Friendly people”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was in the Long Beach area on business. I heard that Harbor View Cafe was a good choice for dinner so I tried it out. I agree; it was a good choice. The waitress and staff were super nice. The food was also great. I had the salmon and vegetables and pecan pie for dessert. The staff and food was excellent! This is a good choice and worth the drive if I am in the area again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tennesse_Travel
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Great Food, Setting, & Memories”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been a customer of Harbor View Cafe through quite a few transitions, from its original pre-Katrina location on the Gulf to its temporary inland address and now back near the water in downtown Long Beach. The food has helped make this establishment a constant recommendation for out-of-towners looking for a great "Gulf Coast" meal. My wife, parents, grandparents, and I visited for lunch this past Sunday, and I was finally able to experience the relatively new building. Service was quick, seating us immediately despite our large group and the Sunday lunch crowd. The food, as always, was fantastic. I had a cup of the Bayou Bisque and a roast beef poboy. The bisque had just enough spice and left me wishing I had ordered a bowl instead. The poboy was a taste from childhood and left a trail of gravy--a warning to some, but a sign of a well-executed New Orleans-style roast beef poboy to me. I only wish the weather had been slightly warmer so that we could have enjoyed the large wraparound porch with its scenic view of the live oaks and beachfront--next time!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jb_advisor
Gulfport, Mississippi
“TOO LOUD!!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were having a going away luncheon for a Petty Officer that was transferring to a new command. The first thing I noticed when we got to the restaurant there is very little parking other than "on street" parking. The second thing was upon entering the noise level was deafening, the staff had the music extremely loud, so much so that it was difficult to talke to the people at the table. The loud music caused the patrons to talk louder which exasperated the noise issue. I had a bacon cheeseburger which was good. The noise will keep me from coming back.

• Visited January 2013