“Southern Hospitality starts at Southern Miss”

Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Long Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Mississippi's largest educational institutions.
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Southern Hospitality starts at Southern Miss”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our first trip to Southern Miss was 4 years ago. And it was by far the best trip we have taken following our Boise State football team ever. We are coming back to play again this year.
Forget the scoring (at least in my case). This place is awesome!!!
We were treated like old friends coming to join a festivity. Everyone was so inviting, so charming. It was a pleasure to visit this school.
Their tailgates are par to none. They have them before and after the game. And they invite the visiting fans to joing everyone of them. I never understood the meaning of southern hospitality until I went to their school... Now Shouthern Miss University is the standard I measure all the schools we visit.
We are going back to visit them this year and we staying longer to see more of the city and their wonderful and welcoming community.
Boise State fans travelled everywhere, and we all agree this is the best place to visit and tailgate outside of Boise.
Go Eagles (but I still want Boise State to win)
I will recommend visiting this school for any event, you will feel happy and safe everywhere you go.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BluePrelude

Long Beach, Mississippi, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blues under the oak and yoke of friendship.”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I recommend the blues and jazz fest held annually. Good food music and fellowship.I visited the gulf coast campus in Long Beach.

Visited April 2012
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Go Eagles!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Neither of us are alumni, but we love USM and its influence on Hattiesburg. Whether it is football, softball, baseball, and women's soccer ~ or theatre & dance productions, symphony performances, art shows at the campus museum, science cafe, and guest lecturers ~ or classes with the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, the Karnes Center for Gifted Studies, or other departments ~ the University is a vital part of Hattiesburg! Just wish more residents took advantage of the programs! Looking forward to more great things from USM in the future (can't wait for Southern Arena Theatre to start this summer!!)!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank GlassInMS
biloxi ms
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“beautiful campus”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

a small but nice campus. for a local university this small campus, part of the USM hattiesburg university, has several good programs with nice facilities and great instructors.

Visited March 2012
Mississippi
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Ok”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went to visit this school when my daughter was looking for colleges. I was not impressed. We went look at many schools and this was one of the bottom ones. I found the staff not very helpful when we were asking questions. We felt rushed in our tour because the student wanted to go to lunch. It's not up to other colleges like Mississippi College, but it's cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.

Visited October 2011