“GREAT FOOD and ATMOSPHERE!”
Review of Darwell's Cafe

Darwell's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Long Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Come in for some Great Food and Music. Remember BYOB on all Adult Beverages.
Pass Christian, MS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT FOOD and ATMOSPHERE!”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Love the food. I have had a lot of different things on the menu and they have all been excellent. The atmosphere can't be beat. Everyone is always happy to work there and to help. Love to sit outside and listen to the bands. We usually have a group and have a ball.

1 Thank lovinfood2

Pass Christian
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

You're always at home at Darwells. If everyone of the staff doesn't ask to help you, then it has been a bad day. Wonderful, funky, relaxing and inviting! Good food, good times! BYOB or bring your kids. And the food is out of this world!

2 Thank jerimarie
MS Gulf Coast
“Funky, friendly, fabulous”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We love this place! Great atmosphere. Friendly people. The food is outstanding and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

2 Thank habitatbw
divin
“Best of Mississippi”
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I travel quite a bit for business. The company I work for is based on Long Island in NY. When I find a part of the country that I really like either because of the sites or local attractions and especially the food I make sure I visit it with my wife when we have free time. You can add to that, in my opinion based on my 15 or so trips, the people of Mississippi are the friendliest in the country. So when we saw Darwells on the food netwook the big question for me was " How close to Gulfport Ms. is Long Beach I had never been there? It was 4 only miles from where we were staying. Cool.
We stopped in for lunch on Saturday because we had to run to New Orleans. We mentioned when we ordered at the counter that we were from NY and saw the restaurant featured on TV. I had the best shrimp creole I've ever had along with an excellent smoked pork with bbq sandwich. My wife had the smoked sausage with N.O. style green beans. They all had a teriffic smoked flavor and the bbq sauce was excellent as well.

While we were enjoying the food Darwell came out and talked to us about his experience being filmed for the TV show. He said Guy Fietti spent 16 hours there and cooked along side him and greeted all the guests as they came in. The service was great too. We felt very welcomed.

The best way to describe the quality of the food and atmosphere is the only disapointment was we rushed back from New Orleans hoping to catch dinner before they closed only to miss by a few minutes. We will make sure next time we plan our trip better. So much good food and so little time.

Vinny and Diane

2 Thank divin
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good but expensive for what it is.”
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Good but expensive for what it is.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Darwell's Cafe? Share your experiences!