“Awesome unique atmosphere!”
Review of Darwell's Cafe

Darwell's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Long Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Come in for some Great Food and Music. Remember BYOB on all Adult Beverages.
Jackson, Mississippi
“Awesome unique atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wonderful service, such a unique menu, and everything I have tried has been delicious! Every time I am in town I have to stop there. Always a wonderful experience. The staff is very helpful, friendly and they are very quick to serve you which always helps when you are on a short lunch break. Can't wait to visit again!

• Visited September 2013

Long Beach, Mississippi, United States
“WAY OVER RATED!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Guy Fieri must not have taste buds or he has to announce that he is checking out a place because if they served him what we ate the show would have never aired. I will say that the etouffee is awesome. I would eat that all by it self. My burger had no flavor and was crispy. My youngest had a quesadilla that was burnt and I cant remember what the other two had but they were not very good. The service was good and the staff was nice. We were skeptical when we went there to begin with and that is why we ordered easy to make items that a sandwich shop should have no problems with. I sure am glad I did not pay steak house prices for their steaks or other over priced items that were suggested by the staff.

Visited April 2013
Yellow Springs, Ohio
“delicious filet mingon!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

went sat night to darwells to see the Florida Boys - they are just the greatest band. tried their 8 oz petit filet mignon and it was supurb!!!! better than any steak house i have been to down here. cooked just right and served with a salad and a side - i choose the grilled asparagus, and that was great also. my friend had the blackened sirloin tips with blackened shrimp and that meal also was delicious. i like the byob policy and that they are casual and relaxed. all in all, a great dinner and a great night!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jjoGulfport_MS
“It deserves the hype!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great food, great band, we really enjoyed our dinner! It was a little slow, but they were really busy, and the entertainment made it worth the wait!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jmjintx
Somers, Connecticut
“Delicious Creole with no deep fried food in the joint!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We chose this little place after seeing it on Diners, DriveIns & Dives. It definitely falls into the dive category, and a great one at that! Our family of four came up to the door and Darwell threw open the doors welcoming us in that way only people in the south do. He posed for a picture with the kids in the photo cut outs in the front of the building. He explained the menu, and let us know we could sample anything we were curious about. If you've never been before, it can take a while to navigate the menu as it's all over the wall. The staff is very patient and helpful. We settled on the sampler with 3 of the creole dishes, crab cake plate, green beans, and a side of angel hair yum yum. It was all delicious, but the étouffée was great. The crab cakes were actual lump crab cakes, with just enough filler to hold them together...excellent. Even the kids liked it, especially the angelhair yum yum, which I think was angelhair pasta with creamy étouffée over it. Would eat here often if we were locals.

• Visited October 2013