“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Laurel
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel appears sketchy when you pull up. While I was getting my luggage I saw a couple of cars pull up then pull away. If I hadn't already paid for my room online I may of gone elsewhere. On a Friday night there were only a handful of cars in the lot. My kids thought it looked like a hotel in a horror film just because we only saw one other guest. Our room looked clean. The bath is a different story. It looked fine until I turned on the hot water to wash my hands. There was a gush of green/brown water. After running for a few minutes it cleared up so it was slightly off color.I have a feeling it had been a long while since our room had been used. Needless to say there were no baths taken while we were there. The place looks like it is trying to get back on its feet. Customer service was decent, not overly welcoming, but not rude. I won't be stating here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leighof3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Douglas, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm staying here for the first time tonight and I'll be honest I was a little scared when I pulled up to the property as outside is not well kept and the main entrance small entry door is not very welcoming. However as you get into the hotel it started to look better. As a veteran traveler I've stayed at more than my fair share of hotels and have brands that I like and Comfort Suites is usually one of those brands. However this hotel is older, outdated in some regards and a bit overpriced for what you get. I'd say this hotel is about $15 to $20 too high in price for what you get. It is more in line with a Comfort Inn or Sleep Inn than the newer Comfort Suites. Hotel choices are limited in Laurel, and this hotel is not horrible, just not what you expect for a Comfort Suites. The last time I stayed in Laurel was about 6 years ago and then I stayed in the old Hampton Inn, which is now the Best Western Laurel Inn and that hotel was better for sure and will likely go back to that hotel from this point forward since the price range is about the same. The fitness center seemed fine and even has a sauna in it if you like saunas. The hotel does have a weird layout as it has somewhat of a triangle shape to it and makes it unique in that respect. Overall I'd say it is an average hotel that is a little overpriced and can definitely use a nice facelift outside of the property. If this review helped I'd appreciate a helpful vote. Thanks!

Room Tip: This hotel does not have an elevator, so if stairs are an issue you need to know this.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wofiii
LorrieS468, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013

Beau Blackledge
Front Desk Manager
Comfort Suites, Laurel MS
601-649-2620
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good location right next to I-59 and 16th St., which appears to be the main strip for Laurel; and not far from downtown either. Also, 12 minute drive from Ellisville and Howard Industries area.

This hotel is 2 stories with no elevator - not a real problem but be aware. The layout is like a very irregular polygon. It does circle around back to the lobby but if your room is at the far end there are no short cuts so it could be a long walk.

free breakfast which is good. free internet

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LorrieS468, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit through Laurel.
Lorrie Sumrall
GM-MS109
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was very skeptical about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews but I am glad that I went against the reviews for once. One review talked awful about the gentleman working at the front desk, Tony. I was hoping that he would be working when I stayed so that I could judge his actions against the review and low and behold he was. Sorry but I think that other reviews might have been a little biased or from competition because I received wonderful customer service from start to finish of my stay. I liked the way that the rooms surrounded the pool but yet the pool wasn't enclosed. Very nice. The room was very clean and the breakfast was very good. No complaints from me on anything at this place. Proud to say that I will stay here whenever I am in the Laurel area. I only wish that I knew which competing hotel talked bad about this one so that I could avoid their brand completely.

Room Tip: There is a Buffalo Wild Wings in the parking lot so instead of looking for food before checking in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. I along with my staff works very hard to meet & exceed your expectation. I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit.
Lorrie Sumrall
GM-MS109
Brandon, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very nice hotel as far as cleanliness but the customer service is HORRIBLE! From the time my bestfriend and I walked threw the door Desk clerk Tony didn't greet us and after getting our price mixed up and after I said he was wrong he went BALLISTIC!! he screamed at my bestfriend and I and all we wanted to do was get in our room and rest after a lond day and drive. But to put the icing on the cake when reporting this incident to the GM Ms Lori Sumrall she was too busy asking me why I didnt stay at one of my own properties since I am a Guest Service Manager at a Hotel and she stated that Mr Tony was a "Matter of Fact" person and he had been with the company for 9 yrs. I didnt receive an apology until I repeatedly told her how rude Mr. Tony was to my bestfriend and I and even after that she just walked off with an I dont care attitude. This Is certainly not a hotel I would refer ANYBODY to not even a dog!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Daisy M

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is not like i have become used to with the comfort inn and suites. I was not impressed. Hotel is not only dated, it was not clean and appliances in room need replaced.

Lobby was not a good first impression. It was dirty and surrounded by glass that would be beautiful it they took time to clean it.

Nor a good impression at all.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Obi1234
Laurel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I will never use this hotel again. They have a very bad attitude towards their customers. They also charged me three times for the same room. Still trying to get this straight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yvette J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
BEST WESTERN Laurel Inn
#4 of 11 in Laurel
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 11 in Laurel

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!