“Convenient Location; Strange Layout”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Laurel
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
“Convenient Location; Strange Layout”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good location right next to I-59 and 16th St., which appears to be the main strip for Laurel; and not far from downtown either. Also, 12 minute drive from Ellisville and Howard Industries area.

This hotel is 2 stories with no elevator - not a real problem but be aware. The layout is like a very irregular polygon. It does circle around back to the lobby but if your room is at the far end there are no short cuts so it could be a long walk.

free breakfast which is good. free internet

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LorrieS468, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit through Laurel.
Lorrie Sumrall
GM-MS109

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was very skeptical about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews but I am glad that I went against the reviews for once. One review talked awful about the gentleman working at the front desk, Tony. I was hoping that he would be working when I stayed so that I could judge his actions against the review and low and behold he was. Sorry but I think that other reviews might have been a little biased or from competition because I received wonderful customer service from start to finish of my stay. I liked the way that the rooms surrounded the pool but yet the pool wasn't enclosed. Very nice. The room was very clean and the breakfast was very good. No complaints from me on anything at this place. Proud to say that I will stay here whenever I am in the Laurel area. I only wish that I knew which competing hotel talked bad about this one so that I could avoid their brand completely.

Room Tip: There is a Buffalo Wild Wings in the parking lot so instead of looking for food before checking in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. I along with my staff works very hard to meet & exceed your expectation. I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit.
Lorrie Sumrall
GM-MS109
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very nice hotel as far as cleanliness but the customer service is HORRIBLE! From the time my bestfriend and I walked threw the door Desk clerk Tony didn't greet us and after getting our price mixed up and after I said he was wrong he went BALLISTIC!! he screamed at my bestfriend and I and all we wanted to do was get in our room and rest after a lond day and drive. But to put the icing on the cake when reporting this incident to the GM Ms Lori Sumrall she was too busy asking me why I didnt stay at one of my own properties since I am a Guest Service Manager at a Hotel and she stated that Mr Tony was a "Matter of Fact" person and he had been with the company for 9 yrs. I didnt receive an apology until I repeatedly told her how rude Mr. Tony was to my bestfriend and I and even after that she just walked off with an I dont care attitude. This Is certainly not a hotel I would refer ANYBODY to not even a dog!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Daisy M

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is not like i have become used to with the comfort inn and suites. I was not impressed. Hotel is not only dated, it was not clean and appliances in room need replaced.

Lobby was not a good first impression. It was dirty and surrounded by glass that would be beautiful it they took time to clean it.

Nor a good impression at all.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Obi1234
Laurel
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I will never use this hotel again. They have a very bad attitude towards their customers. They also charged me three times for the same room. Still trying to get this straight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yvette J
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed June 30, 2012

When I worked around Laurel MS.I stayed at the Comfort Suites. It was great. Staff and management were great. Clean comfortable room. Nice pool area. Great breakfast. My job cancelled on the third day 3 hours after check out time and they did not charge me for the third day. Not many places are that considerate. When I work in that area again You know where I'm going to stay.
Buffalo Wild Wings is in the same parking Lot and an abundance of other eating places are within
a mile or two.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My family typically chooses Comfort Suites because of convenience and cleanliness we've encountered in the past. This experience was different. The sofa in the room was stained (we even tried flipping the cushions) and ripped in several places. We wouldn't even sit on it. The bathroom had not been restocked, so no soaps or shampoos. The TV only got 4 stations, though more were advertised. The armoire that housed the TV had broken drawers- one kept falling off. Other than the sofa, the room did appear clean. The common areas were very nice. Others from our group said their rooms were nice and clean, so it's possible we just got a bad room. I would really rate our room a 2, but because other areas are nice, I'm giving it a 3. I would possibly give it another try for the right price. If not, got to the Holiday Inn just across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the regular corridors. Ours was just across form the exercise room and busness cen...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank A C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel
#1 of 1 in Ellisville
Super 8 Laurel
Super 8 Laurel
#4 of 11 in Laurel

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!