“Would never stay here, stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Laurel
Laurel, Mississippi
“Would never stay here, stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stay at Comfort Suites hotels throughout Miss., La., Ala., with exceptional service and amenities although attempted to stay at this hotel after air condition at residence was damaged secondary to back weather. After arriving was told that local residence were not allow to obtain room because of history of damage to rooms, furthermore after a request to speak to the manager, security was call and I was treated like a criminal. I have never experienced anything of this nature in my life. Please don't stay at this Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank justinhughes44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

A fellow teacher and I stayed here while attending a training session in Ellisville. While Hattiesburg had more lodging/dining options, we chose convenience over variety. Comfort Suites was very clean and quiet (although several reviews seemed to contradict this). The parking lot was well lighted and seemed secure (important to two females arriving in the evening). Although I had to book our reservation last minute, Jessica was very helpful. The entire property is smoke free, which was very reassuring to an asthmatic. She and I also found the hot breakfast to be more than adequate. I do not usually stay overnight in Laurel because it is less than two hours from home, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business or just passing through.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Decent room. Great price. Great location.

• Stayed November 2010
alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

Terrible experience. I was there for a show choir competition with our high school. I was staying with two other mothers. We had been unable to get a double room but they have sleeper sofa so that was ok. They knew there was 3 adults. When we got there there were no sheets for the sleeper. also there were only 4 sets of towels which is not enough for 3 females who showered and washed hair before bed and in the am. We called them for the sheets and towels and we had to go and get them and make the bed. They were rude about the towels saying that there were already 4 in the room. We told them we needed more. There were no pillows for the sleeper and they told us there were no pillows left. We lent some from the king bed to the sleeper. When we pulled out the sleeper there was either roach doo doo or rat doo doo. We had no choice but to sweep it off and make the bed. My daughter who was in another room of 4 girls had the chaperone come in and their bed had dried dirt on the comforter and the sheets did not look clean either. The chaperone got them another comfortor but they did not see the sheet until later when they had already been taped in their room so they just did not get under the sheet. One of the other parents said their tv did not work for the first 10 channels and when they told the hotel the man told them their tv in the lobby was fine so they did not know why theirs was not working and they could and would not do anything about it and did not care. The breakfast was pitiful. It was a very sparse continentil with a make your own waffle set up. They kept running out of stuff and we had to keep going to find someone to replenish it. There was long line because their were many groups there and it took about 30 minutes to get breakfast. They ran out of some stuff early and did not replinish and it was still early when they should have had plenty since they were well aware that they were full with many teenagers and parents. Staff was rude and did not care about the people. I had never experienced anything like it in my life. We went there last year and it was not like that. I am going to tell the school not to book there again.

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank jking52120

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2008

We arrived due to a family emergency without a reservation, the check in staff were great and very apologetic for the poor housekeeping. We always check the linens upon check in and were mortified to find numerous body hairs and stains on the sheets that we obviously not turned after the last guest and the toilet was used. They immediately gave us another room and that bed also had body hair and stains. We asked for clean sheets and made the bed ourselves. We stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and it was top notch.

• Liked — convience
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Mississippi Gulf Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2007

My family of three stayed here one night. It was a wonderfully large and comfortable room, with all the amenities of far more expensive hotels. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, and the rooms and lobby were clean. The staff was very friendly, too. The breakfast offered many choices, both hot and cold, suitable to those on low carb diets as well as carb addicts. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone unless they cannot climb one flight of stairs. I don't remember if there was an elevator as I like to use the stairs when there's only one flight to climb.

Stayed April 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2007

Our handbell group from Biloxi, MS, stayed here April 21, 2007,--I with much hesitation because of the reviews that I had read on line. I will have to say, for the price, that it was one of the nicest and most unique motels that I have stayed in during my years of traveling. The rooms were spacious (to include a pull out sofa) clean, cool when we first walked in, which is most unusual, all the amenities anyone would need for an overnight stay were included, and a most delicious continental breakfast served in a spacious dining room with round wooden tables and chairs. The staff was most helpful and friendly. If there was any one draw back it would be that there was not an elevator and we were all on the second floor, which is fine except when having to carry luggage or, in our case, members with bad knees and hips. Overall, if staying in Laurel again, I would stay here.

• Liked — It's unique character, the cleanliness of the rooms and the room layout--plus it was cool when we walked in for the first time.
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
BEST WESTERN Laurel Inn
#5 of 11 in Laurel
Super 8 Laurel
Super 8 Laurel
#4 of 11 in Laurel

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!