I've stayed here PLENTY of times and only once did I have a problem with bed bugs - but once is enough. Aside from that, the staff is generally friendly and helpful (except for Jennifer who has not once been anything close to friendly to me - ever). The hotel manager is a really nice and warm person though. It's not a bad place to stay, and although it's not the cleanest hotel in the world, it's not awfully dirty either. It's a little run down, but nothing horrible. I would have continued to stay here for work had I not encountered the bed bugs. I had them in room 310 and in 212 after I switched rooms. I will say that they were very apologetic and the manager called me to notify me that he would take care of the problem. I hope he does. I took pictures of them in case the front desk wanted to see them but they didn't. They also didn't charge me for the room after I checked out around 10 PM. Overall, in the couple of dozen times I stayed there altogether, I had a positive experience except for the very last one. It's a shame. I don't think I will be returning any time soon. I rated "Terrible" for Value, Cleanliness and Rooms just because of the bed bugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Laurel, MS Hotel Offers a Gracious Welcome Oak-lined streets welcome you to our new hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laurel. Located off I-59, our hotel in the historic town of Laurel is centrally located between Meridian, Hattiesburg, and Jackson, Mississippi. Families enjoy lodging at our charming Laurel, MS, hotel because it offers easy access to nearby attractions. Located within 10 miles of our hotel are the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, the Magnolia Center and the Sawmill Square Mall. You can experience life as it was in the 1880s when you visit Landrum's Country Homestead & Village. With over 50 buildings on 10 acres, this is where 'history comes to life' at this living history museum. Corporate guests are impressed with the accommodations of our Laurel hotel and its location near local businesses such as the South Central Regional Medical Center, Howard Industries and Masonite. The hotel has two meeting rooms and can seat up to 70 guests. We also offer free high-speed, wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. Lodging in our Laurel, MS hotel pleases business and leisure travelers alike with our complimentary, hot breakfast bar that features our signature cinnamon rolls. Guests can devote time to relaxing in our indoor pool, whirlpool, and sauna or workout in the fitness center. There's even a sports court! Book your reservations today for our great Laurel, MS hotel's deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laurel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Laurel
- Holiday Inn Laurel
- Holiday Inn Express Laurel
- Laurel Holiday Inn