“Not to bad of stay”

Best Western Laurel Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here on my way home from Louisiana, they said they had truck parking which they do only bad thing is that it is across a four lane highway to get to hotel, it is sand, it would be very easy to get a semi stuck in their "truck parking" room had a funny smell to it, room seemed clean, this would have to be my worst best western so far that I have stayed in, I would stay here again but not with my truck because Im not running across a four lane road again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The hotel is located right off of I-59. Laurel is a sweet city and very cozy. I was very worried initally about staying at the Best Western, but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was nice. My daughter and I went to a tennis tournament and the hotel I wanted to stay at was booked. I hesitantly made the reservation at the Best Western and crossed my fingers. After a nice check-in, we went to our room and it was very nice and clean. I was taken aback a bit he next morning as we waited to ask question at the front desk. We overheard the Manager (?)/ Owner (?) Danny telling the housekeepers to count the towels to ensure none were gone and to let him know if some were missing from the rooms so he could charge the guest if so. My only other complaint about the hotel were the signs in the breakfast area stating that "food should be eaten in the breakfast area and not taken to the rooms". (Not that we were doing that, but still.) Overall, nice experience, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Secret M
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let's start from the service, the lady that did the check in was pleasant enough, she asked about 3 times if I wanted a wake up call and I said no. We proceeded to our room, the hallway carpet smells really bad of smoke, even though it is a non-smoking hotel. The room was clean, didn't stink like the hallway.
We went to bed and everything was ok. At 3:45 am the smoke alarm starts beeping because of a low battery, it is right next to the bed. I turned a few times hoping to ignore it and get some sleep. At 4 am the phone rings. it is the wake up call I never requested. So I try again to lay down and sleep, which was useless with the beeping. At 4:15am I give up and walk to the front desk to find the girl sitting watching TV in the lobby. So I tell her about the 4am wake up call and the beeping fire alarm and she says "Well the wake up call won't call you again (no big deal it called you at 4am in the first place), and there is nothing we can do about the fire alarm until the manager gets here in the morning". No offer to switch or rooms or fix anything. So resign I return to my room.

The next morning I go to the front desk to let the manager know about the alarm and he says in the rudest tone "DID YOU CALL THE FRONT DESK TO TELL THEM??", I told him I did to which he responded "SO, YOU WANT ME TO FIX IT NOW???" . At that point I had it, no sleep and you are giving me attitude so I told him "No, it's pointless now, we are leaving, but you should have someone on had to fix these situation so people can sleep, we pay to sleep here and we couldn't get any sleeping". No apology, nothing just a very rude manager with very poor people skills.

There is a hotel across from this one, try that instead. This one is crap, so that one can't be worse.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JaxAndrea
Reviewed November 7, 2013

For starters we were NOT greeted upon arrival here. The owner/manager was arguing with employee and did not notice us. Also, upon entering our room it smelled smoky and musky though it was clean. Since we are card members we were late, (15 mins) checking out. The guy Patel did not hesitate to let us know this, even though he NEVER asked us how our stay was nor did he acknowledge us! How rude this guy was. Customer service was awful! Will never stay here again. I addressed with him his lack of concern for his patrons and he became beligerent and rude!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank 1MsTruthful
Reviewed October 19, 2013

There is absolutely nothing special about this hotel. But considering the location, there's not a lot to chose from. But I will look somewhere else, before I come back. The staff is not personal at all. Maybe they were pre-occupied with the motel across the parking lot. I think they are owned by same owner and they were in the middle of repairs. The room was a bit musty, but I endured it since I was there for only one night and departed early the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our room had been recently refurbished and was in excellent condition. The room was spacious, containing a desk and chair, lounging chair and ottoman, refrigerator and microwave. The approximately 46" flat screen TV was placed on a nice chest of drawers with a granite top. The bathroom was an updated design and all in the room was in working condition. We would definitely stay here again, now that we know how to find it. It is located behind a gas station and in front of the Hampton Inn and Suites. The entry signs are just 3-4 feet above the ground beside the gas station. The breakfast was the standard fare, but did include fresh fruit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I am a diamond rewards member with Best Western and have stayed at my fair share of them. (The WORST still being the one in Baton Rouge, La). This hotel was actually nicely decorated and clean. What set me off was the poor customer service. Excellent customer service can make an average hotel spectacular. Poor customer service can make the best hotel seem like a homeless shelter. This was one of those sad unfortunate cases. Nice hotel. Poor customer relations.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel
#4 of 11 in Laurel
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 11 in Laurel

Been to Best Western Laurel Inn? Share your experiences!