“Nice new place to stay in Laurel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews we decided to try this Hampton for the first time and we were not disappointed. Great room, nice new layout with plenty of space. Breakfast & coffee fresh and plentiful. Eggs could have been better but all else great.

• Stayed: January 2013
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel. We will be glad to see you again when you travel back this way.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while traveling through Laurel. We were very impressed with the staff and the decor and the room was very nice. We loved the comfort of the bed and had a great nice sleep! Felt very good the next morning and ready to drive again. We also loved the breakfast they give you and the lady serving was extra nice! Always pleasant to stay at a hotel with friendly staff! We will be back!

Room Tip: Nice hotel! Stay in a king suite!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evan G
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the bed and breakfast during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and please return often!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is the only one I use when in Laurel. The rooms are clean and pleasant- on par with other Hamptons. However, the floors in common spaces, like elevators and elevator banks, need to be cleaned more often. The food is repetitive, but tasty for the most part.

Most members of the hotel staff were very friendly and pleasant, smiling and chatting with guests. The night shift person was a different story. She had difficulty with her computer and took more than 15 minutes to check a patron in front of me into his room. I made a point to speak to her each evening, but never received a remark back. (Perhaps she has difficulty hearing.) She was quite friendly with a man I perceived to be her boyfriend when they took a break to smoke directly outside the hotel door. Yuk! I hate having to walk through someone's smoke just to get out of a building!

All-in-all, I recommend this hotel when staying in Laurel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank meli3
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment most of our staff. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced here and are looking into it. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've stayed an many Hampton Inns (as you can see in my reviews).

This was on par, and maybe even a little nicer, than most of the ones I have stayed at.

It only took a few minutes to check-in (we didn't pre-book - we were on a road trip). The lady at the front desk was very polite and helpful.

The rooms have updated, modern decor. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. There was plenty of space for our baby's pack and play, with room to spare - and we didn't book a suite. The hotel was quiet, the room cooled down quickly after we set the thermostat, and there were no distinct smells in any part of the hotel.

Also, the bathroom was AMAZING. It was huge. It had a sliding door shower. The countertops are granite and very clean.

You will not be disappointed by the finishings in this place.

I would definitely stay here again with my family!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John C

 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

That's the good thing about Hampton Inn. For the most part, you can get exactly what you expect with each stay. The lobby is great and even though we came from Jackson, MS I can see how the good location can be great for interstate travel. Not too much here to eat or do but that's not the hotel's fault. The room smelled great, was clean, and I was even offered free water and a snack even though I only have silver status with Hilton. A nice prize after a long day. If i'm ever back in this area again I'll stay here again for sure. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: a good location on both sides of the building, not much noise to speak of.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The rooms here are a mix between OK and not so good. For instance, the room I am in currently has very soiled carpeting and walls, the room smells bad and the door must be slammed forcefully to close it properly, otherwise the door can be opened by merely pushing it. The hotel is in need of a refresh and some maintenance.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Smoore1883
Reviewed May 7, 2012

One of the "pluses" of Hampton Inn's is you know "exactly" what to expect before arriving. They apparently have a rubber stamp applied to the architecture, decor, service and attitude.

The architecture is rubber-stamped, except ... sufficiently removed from the main thoroughfare so there is no road noise in the rooms.
The decor is rubber-stamped, except ... recent, well kept and meticulously clean.
The service is rubber-stamped, except ... well-endowed with southern hospitality and a genuine desire to be of assistance.
The attitude is rubber-stamped ... except everyone is willing to go the extra mile for guests.

I am generally NOT a fan of Hampton Inns. Hard as it is to recommend one, I DO recommend the one in Laurel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Cigano-Gitano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laurel
#5 of 11 in Laurel
Super 8 Laurel
Super 8 Laurel
#4 of 11 in Laurel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Laurel? Share your experiences!