“Best for my bucks”

Extended Stay America - Jackson - North
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
“Best for my bucks”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My stay here has been awsome. Ths manager greeted me with great hospitality. She made me feel right at home here. She check my room upon my entrance. The beds are so soft and cozy its hard to get up for work. The breakfast is wonderful with a top off of fresh hot coffee. The elevator was a relief from the stairs. Flat screen TV shows clear. Front desk works are great customer service. Kitchen came with everything I needed.My overall stay here is lovely. Keep up the great work

A satisfied customer

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jackson - North, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that we made you feel right at home. That is always our goal and I am glad we achieved it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My home was being renovated and I didn't want to burden any relatives. I chose extended stay America worst mistake ever. I walked into the room it was extremely dirty. The walls, bathtub, carpet, and refrigerator was extremely filthy. It was late so I would try in suck it up but as I examined the bed it was also filthy the sheets and pillows where yellow. The bed smelled horrible. The entire room had an odor also. I could not stay so I got another room elsewhere. This hotel is full of drug addicts and prostitutes I would never recommend anyone to stay here. Ruunnnn as fast as you can. It is not well maintained at all. The janitors let equipment such as mop buckets with water over the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Latrice R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jackson - North, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Ashley - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of our hotel as you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with the housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. Due to that, we are taking your remarks very seriously and will continue to focus on providing a family friendly atmosphere for all of our guests to enjoy.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at JCK@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Interlachen, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I made reservations on the phone directly with the front desk the day before I was to arrive for a 40 night stay at a lowered rate for long term stay, at arrival although we gave the reservation information to the attendant we were not checked in under the reservation, instead we were checked in for a one night stay and charged more due to loosing the long term stay discount. The attendant did not inform us of this and we were rudely awakened a few hours later saying we had to come down and pay for another day or get out of the room immediately. I went down and payed and thought we had it straightened everything out but the next day a receipt was slid under my door saying we were charged $267.00 and that I still owed another $224.00 for the remainder of the week. This was all on top of the first night stay of $50.00 that they had already been paid for. After getting no resolution with the local management I called the hotel chain costumer service and was told someone would be calling me back with a resolution to this problem within 24 to 48 hours, they never called. In total they charged me $541.00 for 5 nights when under the reservation it should have been no more than $214.50 for 5 nights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Melissa H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jackson - North, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Melissa - Thanks for taking the time to submit your review and speak with me concerning this issue. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty.

I appreciated the opportunity to address your concern about charges you incurred at our hotel while explaining our policy. With our guests best interest in mind, we typically only charge one night room and tax for any extended stay guests arriving after office hours. The following business day, after confirming arrival, we charge the remaining weekly balance before delivering your receipt to the room. I will be more than happy to speak with you further about this and provide whatever information you need to clear up any outstanding issues. Your comments are very important to me and to the entire staff at our hotel, as we are in constant communication with our guests.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The toilet did not work in my room. When I reported it, they said that there was not a maintance on duty and that he would fix the problem in the morning. When I flushed the toilet, it overflowed & flooded my room in the middle of the night. Had to get another room at another hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure that you view the room before you use it
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jackson - North, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your toilet didn’t work properly. Our maintenance staff is charged with keeping all of our fixtures on property in tip-top shape; it seems that this was not the case with your room. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Good, Excellent, Great. Wonderful a very clean environment the staff is very generious.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank bellsout
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jackson - North, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a horrible, disgusting place. We checked in after a long day on the Natchez Trace. We were traveling with a dog so our choices were limited on where we could stay. There were stains on the walls and the carpet was filthy. The sheets on the bed were very yellowed. The a/c smelled like urine. That's just a few of the complaints I have about this place. We were charged an extra $25 for a pet cleaning fee. They haven't spent $25 cleaning this room in years. We left our dog there for 45 minutes to go eat at the Cracker Barrel, then decided not to stay in such a filthy place. We were told that since we spent time in the room, we were not entitled to any refund of our money.Stay away from this one. This is the type of place were drug addicts, & prostitutes like to hang out. Also there were three cars on blocks in the parking lot &the pictures on the web lie. It may have looked that way 20 years ago.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jinkxy

As well, the staff and I strive to provide friendly guest service, resulting in 100% guest satisfaction. The issue you described having at the Front Desk is completely disheartening. Please know that once a guest enters a room it is considered that you are staying with us and poses a challenge to reimburse any monies past that point. Regardless, it seems we might not have communicated this to you in the best of ways and I apologize for that.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was traveling from New Orleans back home to Memphis and needed to rest for a night,But had I known the Nightmare I was in for I would have drank redbull and coffee (2 things I don't like) just so I could have made it home.For beginners I asked for a NON-Smoking room..clearly someone had been smoking in it due to the fact that the top layer of linen had cigarettes burns in it,upon my observing the room i'm still trying to figure out why "hair" was everywhere in the room from the bed,bathroom,on the walls,counter tops and YES even in the "REFRIGERATOR" i'm like wow what is this? when I walked into the bathroom the toilet seat had a "Shoe Print" on it...it was unclean counter tops were full of hair,dust.Kitchen sink had hair in it,Coffee maker & pot was "FILTHY" full of dust and lint seem it hadn't been cleaned in God knows when? with an OLD out of date looking bag of coffee and old sugar,The refrigerator was set to off (I was wondering why my water didn't get cold) Window seals were full of dust 1 side of the window was even unlocked.The TV had horrible reception and i'm like I thought this was cable,out of date tv the cable seemed as if it were stolen or not connected properly and they thought I was gonna pay 4.99 to use their internet "PLEASE" I used my phones internet instead..I already feel like I got ripped off.Then I couldn't sleep due to the fact that when I fell asleep it seemed something was biting me woke up and there is a welt on my arm (I believe this place has BED BUGS) I was Terrified ran to the store to get some Disinfectant Spray sprayed the place like crazy...I tried to fall asleep again placed towels over the entire bed cause I didn't want to sleep on the linen "CLEARLY" this room hadn't been cleaned properly from it's previous guests.I used my shirt to cover pillows and try to stay in one spot as if I were on a deserted island....woke up 3 hours later after finally falling asleep felt more bites.So I got up around 6am and showered packed all my stuff in my car and had to leave this stay was a true "NIGHTMARE" a HELL of a night full of dust,filth,hair and what seemed to be BED BUGS.I feel like I got robbed of my Money this was the WORSE experience EVER! I placed the room keys in the crack of the OFFICE door because after my half night stay there I had to leave couldn't wait til the office opened to return keys .And I have Photos to back up everything I mentioned..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo