“Great Front Desk Staff”

Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Pensacola
“Great Front Desk Staff”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I arrived at the hotel sick with a cold and the two gentlemen at the front desk were so very helpful. I asked for a CVS to get drugs for the cold and a place to pick up comfort food such as a grilled cheese and soup. By the time I got back down stairs they had both stops mapped out and printed. Then he explained is exactly as I had never been to the area before. The map was a perfect look that had me picking up mac n cheese at Newk's deli (very nice and local and I had never heard of this budding franchise) and the to CVS with a simple circle back to the hotel. They made my night and my day. The breakfast was fine, the room and all else as expected for a Fairfield. But all the staff, and especially those two guys were great!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pretty much your standard Fairfield Inn. We had no problems here during our two-night stay. The front desk staff made certain our two rooms were across the hall from each other, and we really appreciated it. They also baked fresh cookies and made sure to save a couple for us. Not too far from downtown, but you're not paying downtown prices, either. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ARKANSAS
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stay in Fairfield Inns frequently and this one was not even close to the quality we expect. It seems like they converted some old Best Western or Motel 6 type place into a Fairfield Inn. Not fair at all. I realize Fairfield Inn isn't the Ritz, but for the money we spent we should have had a room with a private vanity area and at least the minimum of amenities.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell you need to go to another hotel to get a good room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Roger G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments in reference to our property. I am sorry that you found the property not to your liking. Two years ago we did a complete renovation of the property. Also, we have just updated the breakfast selection to include hot food itmes.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was clean and typical of a Fairfield Inn. Staff was very nice and professional.
Not in the best part of town. Chili's down the road.
For the rate it was okay for one night. I would likely stay by the stadium next time based on recommendations from a friend of mine that lives there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Roger G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Jackson. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and our staff members. Hope to see you when you visit the area again.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This property was a little out of our way as it is approximately 10 miles north of
I20 WestBound, however, it was worth the drive. Located just off I55 north it is
a fairly quiet location (by our experience that night.) The front desk staff were
very friendly even at our 11pm check-in and informed us of the hotel's offerings. The
decor is fresh and bright in the lobby and rooms. Clean, much better than average
room appointments; separate vanity/bathroom; dehumidifier in room; nice bed linens;
27"+ TV; internet/wireless. Breakfast was included in the price; pastries, cereal,
waffles, frozen breakfast items, juice, coffee. All-in-all, it was worth the price of
under $100.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us during your recent travels. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the offerings of our breakfast. Again, we are happy you had a nice stay and hope you will return if you are in the area.
walnut, ms
Reviewed July 22, 2013

i stayed at the fairfield Inn Jackson this weekend and had a most unpleasant experience. first they sent me to two different rooms which were already occupied. i had been traveling for four hours, dieting for a bodybuilding competition, and carrying my luggage up and down the elevator three trips before finally landing an unoccupied room. then, the surrounding rooms were occupied by 3-4 people, adults and children, who were very noisy the entire stay. slamming doors, loud disciplining parents, screaming in the hallway. finally, i was rudely awakened by the housekeeping supervisor who very unprofessionally scorned me for smelling smoke coming from my room. when i tried to explain that i was not smoking in the room, and that i was in a bodybuilding show, the "supervisor" raised their hand in my face and told me to "not even go there with him" that he wasnt going to charge me, he just wanted to let me know the room better not smell like smoke when i left. after this miserable experience i got an update from my bank this morning stating that i had been charged a $265.50 fine for smoking in the room. i called and spoke to their general manager, R.T. Smith, who was very unhelpful. he admitted to having issues with other guests smoking in their rooms Friday before i even checked in. yet, insisted that he was going to fine me nonetheless. i asked to speak to his supervisor and he very unprofessionally stated that he wasn't going to give me that information. if i wanted to know who his supervisor was i could find out myself. the whole floor smelled musty and like smoke, the rest of the hotel had a foul odor from the swimming pool. the "newly renovated" rooms were unclean and obviously the renovations were performed by the lowest bidder and are a fabulous example of shoddy work. i was charged $270.00 plus a $265.50 fine to be uncomfortable and hastled the entire weekend. the Drury Inn is much more comfortable and less than a mile away, i highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank shane b

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you are looking for a 4-5 star hotel then this is not it. I have stayed at a few of the newer Fairfield Inn's that have become a little more upscale, but this does not apply to this Fairfield Inn. However, if you are looking to stay one night somewhere before you move on then this certainly does the job. The one bed room was under 95 dollars for the night, located right on I-55 so it was easy to find. The room was clean, bed was ok, seemed like a safe neighborhood, staff at check in and overnight were both friendly, and it has a basic free breakfast. If I was in a similar situation as this time where I needed a room for the night then I would readily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo