“Not bad but not spectacular” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Houston, Texas
“Not bad but not spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was clean and typical of a Fairfield Inn. Staff was very nice and professional.
Not in the best part of town. Chili's down the road.
For the rate it was okay for one night. I would likely stay by the stadium next time based on recommendations from a friend of mine that lives there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Roger G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Jackson. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and our staff members. Hope to see you when you visit the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This property was a little out of our way as it is approximately 10 miles north of
I20 WestBound, however, it was worth the drive. Located just off I55 north it is
a fairly quiet location (by our experience that night.) The front desk staff were
very friendly even at our 11pm check-in and informed us of the hotel's offerings. The
decor is fresh and bright in the lobby and rooms. Clean, much better than average
room appointments; separate vanity/bathroom; dehumidifier in room; nice bed linens;
27"+ TV; internet/wireless. Breakfast was included in the price; pastries, cereal,
waffles, frozen breakfast items, juice, coffee. All-in-all, it was worth the price of
under $100.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Roger G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thanks for staying with us during your recent travels. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the offerings of our breakfast. Again, we are happy you had a nice stay and hope you will return if you are in the area.
walnut, ms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

i stayed at the fairfield Inn Jackson this weekend and had a most unpleasant experience. first they sent me to two different rooms which were already occupied. i had been traveling for four hours, dieting for a bodybuilding competition, and carrying my luggage up and down the elevator three trips before finally landing an unoccupied room. then, the surrounding rooms were occupied by 3-4 people, adults and children, who were very noisy the entire stay. slamming doors, loud disciplining parents, screaming in the hallway. finally, i was rudely awakened by the housekeeping supervisor who very unprofessionally scorned me for smelling smoke coming from my room. when i tried to explain that i was not smoking in the room, and that i was in a bodybuilding show, the "supervisor" raised their hand in my face and told me to "not even go there with him" that he wasnt going to charge me, he just wanted to let me know the room better not smell like smoke when i left. after this miserable experience i got an update from my bank this morning stating that i had been charged a $265.50 fine for smoking in the room. i called and spoke to their general manager, R.T. Smith, who was very unhelpful. he admitted to having issues with other guests smoking in their rooms Friday before i even checked in. yet, insisted that he was going to fine me nonetheless. i asked to speak to his supervisor and he very unprofessionally stated that he wasn't going to give me that information. if i wanted to know who his supervisor was i could find out myself. the whole floor smelled musty and like smoke, the rest of the hotel had a foul odor from the swimming pool. the "newly renovated" rooms were unclean and obviously the renovations were performed by the lowest bidder and are a fabulous example of shoddy work. i was charged $270.00 plus a $265.50 fine to be uncomfortable and hastled the entire weekend. the Drury Inn is much more comfortable and less than a mile away, i highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank shane b
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you are looking for a 4-5 star hotel then this is not it. I have stayed at a few of the newer Fairfield Inn's that have become a little more upscale, but this does not apply to this Fairfield Inn. However, if you are looking to stay one night somewhere before you move on then this certainly does the job. The one bed room was under 95 dollars for the night, located right on I-55 so it was easy to find. The room was clean, bed was ok, seemed like a safe neighborhood, staff at check in and overnight were both friendly, and it has a basic free breakfast. If I was in a similar situation as this time where I needed a room for the night then I would readily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Really nice. Clean rooms, nothing fancy. Didn't hear any street noise, like others said. Kids enjoyed the pool. breakfast had plenty of options. Only minor complaint was that our room smelled like chlorine because we were directly above the pool. Would stay here again as we drive thru.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked this hotel on priceline, not knowing which room I would get. When I called to find out, I had booked a King room. Since we were traveling with our children, we needed two beds. Priceline says that you have to take up these issues with the hotel. When I called, this hotel said that they could not change the reservation, and that I would have to call Priceline. I knew calling priceline would not help, so we just made due with the king room. Since this was my first interaction with the hotel, I was afraid of how the rest of the stay would go.

Douglas took care of our check in. He was very friendly with a smile on his face as he went through the process, and he was very knowledgeable about the area restaurants when I asked about them. I was very impressed with him. Throughout our stay, each staff member we encountered was equally friendly!

Our room was very clean. All linens seemed clean and fresh. The decor was modern and tasteful. The bed was comfortable. I did not care for the pillows. They were down and not structured enough for my taste. The water temperature was great, plenty of hot water. The shower pressure was great! My only complaint about the room would be a slight mildew smell in the bathroom after showering. I think this might have been due to the vent being insufficient, but it seemed to work fine otherwise, so I'm not sure.

Breakfast was great, and a wonderful little extra to save some money! The lady working in the breakfast area was very pleasant and helpful.

Check out was quick and simple. Several hours after leaving the hotel, I realized that I had left my phone charger in the room. In my head, I thought it was probably gone for good. I called and left my phone number with the front desk, and the woman on the phone said that they would check into it right away (yeah, right). I was surprised to get a call within a few minutes saying that they had found my charger and were willing to mail it to me. I told her that we were still close to the hotel and would be able to stop by and pick it up, which we did.

Overall wonderful experience! Great location for the area museums we were visiting. There was a place next door which made me kind of nervous. It advertises $189 per week. It looked more like apartments than a hotel with the way people were hanging around outside and such. There is a fence separating the Fairfield from this place, so it was not an issue of being able to see it FROM the hotel, just nervous about the kinds of people that could be hanging around. There was never an issue with this though, and did not affect my rating of EXCELLENT for this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Let me first say that Douglas was an exceptional associate. He is was every hotel should have working for them, not as a clerk, but as a general manager. He had that energy about him that just wants to make you stay there time and time again. He checked us in and made me feel like we had known each other for years...very caring and showed interest in our travels and us. He later recommended a great BBQ place and when we brought it back graciously got us some plates to use. I saw him multiple times checking the hotel and asking many guests if everything was up to their satisfaction. His pride in where he works shows and it is more than just a job for him. The next morning he was working again and was in charge of the breakfast room which again he did an exceptional job and his pride again showed as he never let anything run out. Fairfield you need to recruit him for any management in training program you have. I witnessed him dealing with a difficult customer who had issue with booking site, not Fairfield, and he was very diplomatic and never let this customer get to him. I saw the customer leave with a smile and this was because of Douglas. Ok, the hotel was great as well, very clean and bathrooms very clean as well. I would clearly stay here again while traveling. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Jackson. We have a wonderful staff and I hope you will vist us again on your next trip to the area. Thanks very much for the positive comments for Douglas.
Regards