“Comfortable stay for a good price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Louisiana
“Comfortable stay for a good price”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overnight stay in Jackson at the Fairfield Inn was very comfortable and very economical. The room was clean and the breakfast was up to standard. Overall a good stay that we will return when in Jackson again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Jackson, MS! We appreciate your feedback on your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Jackson!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Convenient location of I-55; clean comfortable room; bed was outstanding; breakfast food bar was very clean and good; Coffee could have been a little better;I left a item in my room call the Inn they located it and upon my return I retrieved it this was great staff service; Staff was great; Highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us! We appreciate you staying with us while in Jackson, MS. We also thank you for recommending us! We hope to see you on any future trips to Jackson!
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Giving this rating is kind of a drag. The property itself is fine. It is close to the Highway, but not a lot they can do about that, and the noise I experienced was minimal. The rooms have been updated and are not bad. The bedding is nice and the bed itself is good. The bathroom was well supplied and clean, although the vanity area is tiny and very difficult to use.

Housekeeping is fine, the room was clean. They do clean the rooms late, so if you return before 4:00 P.M. there is a good chance the room will not be serviced yet, thats kind of a drag.

The real problem, dealing with the hotel itself. I reserved and guaranteed a suite. I did so becuase I was spending three nights. When I go to my room it was a standard king. Called down to the desk and was told "yes we were sold out of the suite, but we will move you tomorrow." How about telling me when I checked in ? When I told the man I did not want to move I would just keep the room I had, but did not want to pay for the suite while in a standard king, he said he would adjust the rate. When I received my bill the last morning, the rate had been adjusted for two nights not the full three nights, I call, they say" the adjusted rate was not available for the first night"............. Its all very frustrating.
It feels like I am bartering for my room, when in fact what I wanted was not available.

Would I return ? I guess I might, but just don't like having to constantly be on my toes to be sure I am getting what I requested and charged what I should be charged.

Room Tip: reserve what you want and hope for the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of me and my staff we apologize about your experience while you were with us in Jackson, MS. We would like to make things right for you. We do not want to leave you with a bad expression of our hotel. If you would like to speak with us please call us at your convenience.

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night while traveling thru the area. Room was clean & service was fine. No fridge or microwave in room. Property is close to I-55 so highway noise at night was an issue. Free parking, wifi & b'fast. Not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us while in Jackson, MS. I apologize about the issues you had during your stay with us and understand the inconvenience of the noise coming from the I-55 highway can cause. We would like to make things right for you! Please give us a call at your convenience.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had planned to stay at the hotel for the entire week but had to leave after two nights because of lack of sleep. The rooms are not soundproof at all from the traffic noise. They also didn't honor my request made two months prior to check-in. I tried to resolve the problem with 800 customer care and was told to talk to manager. She was so rude to me, that I hung up and booked another room at another hotel chain. So disappointed because I love Marriott. However I found a Days Inn about 3 minutes away with all the things that I needed at less than half the price! Avoid this Marriott if sleep is a priority for a hotel stay.

• Stayed April 2013
We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us while in Jackson, MS. I apologize about the issues you had during your stay with us and understand the inconvenience of the noise from the I-55 highway can be. We are striving very hard to try and correct this problem. We would also like to make things right for you! Please give us a call at your convenience.
Mckinney, TX
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have just completed my fourth week at this property and will be returning weekly for the next several months. This property has clean well appointed rooms that are not exceptionally large but are ample in size. The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant and always give every request 100%.
Beds are great and there is all the hot water you will ever need / breakfast area is well taken care of by and attendant who works extremely hard to please her patrons.

Room Tip: Road noise is slight but ask for a even number room as these face the parking lot which is the quiet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We would like to thank you for your return business! We truly appreciate your feedback and loyalty to our hotel. We are glad to hear your stay(s) have been good. Thank you again for your business!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've stayed here at this hotel once before and had a similar experience as this past one. The hotel is in an older part of town and matches the surrounding area's look and feel. However, upon arriving and actually walking in, you'll see it has received some renovations and updating. My hotel rooms both times were very clean and fairly updated. You could tell as there were new shower curtains, new linens and just seemed like everything had been replaced or refurbished. That was a good thing.

A good hot, comfortable shower is very important to me, so if I have a good shower, that usually bodes well for the hotel. At this hotel it was a very clean shower, tall shower head and good water pressure. Trust me, this is important as I've been at other nicer chains where this was lacking and made for a poor experience.

The staff was very friendly upon checkin and checkout. No issues to report that required their assistance. The breakfast was what you would expect at a Fairfield Inn/Hampton Inn. I prefer a little more for breakfast than what these chains offer, but don't penalize them in this area unless it's just awful.

As to what one reviewer said about the high police presence, yes they are correct. This may not be the best part of Jackson and I would encourage caution at night. However, I never once felt unsafe while staying at this location.

Bottom line: I liked this hotel and I would stay here again. It would not be my first choice for Jackson if I had choices, but it definitely fits the bill when you just need a place to stay without too many frills like a Residence Inn or Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in Jackson, MS! We appreciate your feedback about your stay as we strive to exceed guest expectations. Again, thank you for your business!