“A Good Place On The Way”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Clemson, South Carolina
“A Good Place On The Way”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was a decent lower budget Marriott property for those traveling through Jackson, MS. The rooms and beds were comfortable, and the breakfast modest. The security guard who greeted us gave mixed emotions.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel is very nice and recently updated. The beds are extremely comfortable and I love the feather pillows. We stayed in the king sized suite and being a family of 5 this was great cause not only did the kids have there own sofabed to sleep on, there were two TV's so they could watch whatever they wanted and the wife and I didn't have to watch cartoons all day. The complimentary breakfast if nice the next morning although a little packed as there was a 10 year old boys basketball team staying for the weekend. The pool is indoors and while a little small the kids enjoyed playing in it as well as the hot tub for several hours before the basketball team came in and we gave it up to the older kids to let them have there fun. The location is also pretty good. We were able to travel to all of our destinations within 10 minutes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
louisiana
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel and very easy on the pocket. It is right off of the interstate in the middle of everything. There are great places to shop, eat, and see near this hotel.
Check-in was easy and the staff were very pleasant and friendly. When asked for directions, they were quick to lend a hand.
The rooms have been remodeled and are quite lovely in cream, bright green, and navy. The beds are so comfortable. The bathroom was plenty big enough and the shower felt heavenly.
Breakfast was great! Homeade waffles, cereal, muffins biscuits/gravy, bagels and yogurt were all avaliable. I know there were a few other things on the table, but not sure what. Coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and green apples are available 24 hours. The woman who was tending to the breakfast was so helpful and friendly.
Pool area is small as is the workout room.
I would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tarilyn
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Never thought I would be staying in a hotel when I visit home but this one was my choice. Very nice property close to everything in the area. I am originally from Jackson so there is nothing new in the city other than staying at this property. Well stocked breakfast and very friendly staff. The only problem I had was the Night Auditor who checked me in accidentally placed a hold on my debit card $1006 instead of $106, the cost of the room. The problem was eventually reversed and no other problems existed. I definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank OnlyAtTheMarriott
AR
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was skeptical but this is the real deal. The room was great. We had a king bed with a roll a way. The bedding was comfortable, room was clean and very refreshing. The bathroom was nicely updated. We didn't partake in the breakfast, as we left too early to eat it. The staff here is outstanding - Very helpful and very nice. I can't say enough about them. Usually, there isn't much to say about staff but here it is a different story. The location is nice, fairly close to the interstate. One wonderful perk of this hotel is the dehumidifier in the room, this is a stroke of brilliance. We used it and it made all the difference in sleep quality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BeachloverAr
Duck Hill, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was a big help. They have cold and hot cereals, pastries, DIY waffles, biscuits, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Hill, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I checked in a little early with no problems. They didn't even mention the time. Everyone was very nice and willing to help anytime I asked. The rooms were a bit small, but very clean. I was a bit confused when I checked in, my own ignorance, because the room had a dehumidifier in it. I kept thinking the air conditioner was going on and off. :) Hey I live in Arizona give me a break. But I guess every room comes with one and I could definitely tell the difference when I walked out in and out. I never made it to breakfast, but did walk in to see it on display and it looked like it was definitely worth trying. The indoor pool was nice also. I was a little scared when I realized how close it was to the highway, but this place had one of the biggest security guards wondering around I had ever seen. You don't see him, I was coming in really late/early and wondered upon him, but you will feel safer just knowing he is there. :) They were painting and I didn't smell any of it. So yes, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple