New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Comfortable, Clean & Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Comfortable, Clean & Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This Hampton is located conveniently off I-55 which runs through Jackson. I generally book Hampton Inn when I travel because I know the good quality of their accommodations. Their bedding is wonderful and after 12 hours on the road, I truly appreciated the comfort of my room. Even though the hotel is located right off I-55, there was no issue with highway noise. They serve a rather extensive hot breakfast in a large, attractive lounge. Also, very convenient is a Chili's Restaurant on the other side of the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for your comments ! Wes Scrape GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nashville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is an older property and lacked the exceptional experience we've come to expect from Hamptons. There was no fitness room, the hallway to our room smelled strongly of smoke, bed was not up to Hampton par, and my breakfast cereal included a live mealy bug. This property appeared to be managed on a shoestring.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Wes Scrape, General Manager

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

As soon as I walked in I noticed my toilet had not be cleaned. There was feces stuck to the bottom of the seat and on the inner bowl. The toilet paper holder was also severely rusted and old. My entire floor is non-smoking, with no smoking signs posted on every door. However, the entire floor smells like cigarettes and someone was clearly smoking. I have seen multiple employees on my floor, as well as a manager, and they HAVE to have smelled it, but took no action. The welcome book on the desk states that the hotel offers access to fitness facilities. So I get dressed and in the right mindset to work out, get downstairs, and the lady at the front desk says they do not have a fitness center, unlike every other Hampton I have previously stayed at. To top it off, this hotel seems to have every television station besides FX, on the night of a finale I was looking forward to watching. Once again, I have stayed at other hotels in this city and FX was available. Other small things such as no refrigerator in the room is a big negative, again unlike the other hotels in Jackson, including two other Hampton Inns. Room decor is 1970ish as well...very outdated. Will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area
swisher Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were traveling home from Texas and stopped overnite in Jackson. What a great stay!!!! The staff was outstanding with their jobs and were very friendly. There were snacks available in the evening and a great Hot breakfast was served in the morning. The room was very nice but I had a problem with the wi-fi, and the call to the front desk cleared up the problem shortly. All in all a great stay, thank you Hampton Inn North!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will visit us again when your in our area! Wes Scrape, General Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our group stayed here after I requested information from the CVB on hotels in the Jackson area. The property is older but has been well maintained and recently renovated. The welcome reception was over and above most Hamptons with beer and delicious home cooked food. Baggage handling was swift and all amenities in the room were ready to go.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room for more space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Wow... We appreciate your comments!! We love our tour business. Thank you ! Wes Scrape, General Manager
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel is showing its age but so is the entire town. Having stayed at 2 different hotels in town on this trip and the Hilton on a previous trip. Jackson needs a make over completely. Hotel check in was quick but girl messed up our check in transfering both rooms out of my name and into my co-worker, tried to correct the next morning it went back the other way. Finally 2nd to last night they got it corrected. Hotel provides small managers reception Mon-Thur. Room was nice, but very small. Hotel is not great nor is it horrible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We are sorry that you encountered issues on the name on your room account. In regard to the size if the room, they are actually the standard for most hotel rooms, 12' X 24' but the furniture configuration might have made it seem smaller than others that you have experienced. We appreciate your comments you have posted here. We always look at these and use these comments to assist us in improving our services. We appreciate you staying with us and choosing our hotel. Wes Scrape, General Manager
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here with parents when passing through Jackson. Check-in was fast and friendly. Was able to add my HH number to the reservation so we received Diamond benefits, which included a choice of beverage and snack. They've expanded the offerings to include water, Vitamin water, soft drinks, Toblerone, trail mix, Gummi bears, and a granola bar. Received room 214, a king study (with sofa bed). Room was well-appointed with nice linens and was clean. Towels were soft and fluffy. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash.

Dinner that night in the hotel was chili (with sour scream, onions, and cheese) and cornbread. Lemonade and three beers on tap.

Breakfast was varied and delicious. Staff were friendly and made sure the tables were cleaned and items restocked.

Outdoor pool so couldn't use it this time if year. Easy access to I-55, but hotel was quiet with no traffic noise.

We would all stay here again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments and being thorough on your review ! We appreciate your business. Wes Scrape, General Manager