“Beautiful Hotel with Incredible Pool”
Review of Hilton Jackson

Hilton Jackson
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Beautiful Hotel with Incredible Pool”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We thouroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The employees were very nice and welcoming. When we reserved our room online, we included the breakfast since it was cheaper to pay for it at the same time. Both mornings at breakfast I felt very comfortable and did not feel like any of the staff were serving us less for having a meal ticket. One night there was a very loud band playing in the lounge area and I was afraid it would be a disturbance, but once in the room we were happy to find out we couldn't hear any noise. Our only complaint is that our room was very humid. It felt like the carpet was damp and when we got home all our close in our luggage felt damp too. But even still, we would still go back again. The location and safety of the hotel made me feel safe and easy to access resturants, shops, mall and movie theater.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tamarakmc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The Hilton Jackson is a nice hotel with all the amenities. I slept great on the plush bedding. My room had a few minor imperfections (loose wallpaper near toilet in bathroom, missing strainer in the sink) and could use some minor renovation. That being said, I had a very pleasant stay at the Hilton Jackson.

The night that I was there, there was live music downstairs in the lounge which was a nice way to kill time and meet fellow travelers.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MSUEngineer
cleveland. ms
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Stayed here for a conference for one night. Room on 14th floor was okay -- I was afraid the hospitality suites would be noisy but when I returned to my room after dinner they seemed to have slowed way down. Noise was not an issue. In the morning meeting room set up did not get underway until I was up and ready to leave. Great Hilton beds. Wellingtons had a fantastic breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank vtgirl1
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed in the hilton for 2 nights, our room was the executive suite, very nice, it had a glass shower , jacuzzi tub with a flat screen above it. The room was very spacious and confortable. The staff was excellent, they met our every request! The pool was fantasic, the weight room was great as well, it included towels and fresh fruit. Our stay in the executive suite gave us access to he executive floor , there you received free breakfast , and during lunch we received free drinks and snacks, even hot food, free! We had no complaints what so ever , the staff greeted us every time we came down and remembered us. We will never stay at any other hotel chain, this has been overall the best hotel!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank jatana84
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Stayed here for one night, passing through Jackson to New Orleans. Got a rather small room at the 12th floor. This was supposed to be an upgrade (I am a diamond member), but the room itself was nothing special. This could easily have been mistaken for a hampton inn-room. The aircon was confusing, and never seemed to show the accurate temperature. The bathroom was ok, but there was a nasty long black hair at the mirror.

The upgrade did however mean we got access to the executive lounge. Great service and selection of food, drinks and snacks in the evening, Very attentive hostess. The breakfast wasn't nearly at the same level. The host showed little or no interest in making it pleasant, just grunted «good morning» when we arrived. The food selection was quite poor (cheap orange juice, only one type of yoghurt etc.). I guess the main breakfast area on the ground floor would be a better pick.

Check-in/out went smoothly, free parking is a plus. Pool seemed okay, didnt try that or the fitness room. The hotel is next to the interstate, but the windows seemed well soundproofed.

All in all a just average – and a bit disappointing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Whitford, Auckland
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stopped in Jackson for only two nights. This hotel was very comfortable. We secured a suite with adjoining room and it was not only good value but extremely comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was adequate and we had an extremely good meal in the restaurant next door.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I do not travel as much as I used to but I do still travel for business. I formerly travelled 40+ weeks per year and now am down to 15 - 20 per year. I was previously a Hilton Diamond member for several years in a row and currently have over 300,000 Hilton points in my honors account.

My stay started with a very friendly greeting from the front desk clerk. My checkin was uneventful but as soon as I walked in with my luggage I saw a roach scurry across the marble floor. I took the elevator to my room and immediately noticed a musty smell to the room. Thinking that this would clear I turned the temperature on the air conditioner down and the fan on high and went down to dinner. The Bar area was nice and the service was fantastic. While on the expensive side it was no worse than any other hotel bar I have been in.

When I finished dinner I returned to my room and the musty smell was worse. The room smelled as bad as my parent's basement that leaks bad enough that they had to install a sump pump to remove the water that collects. Not wanting to change rooms at a late hour I decided to deal with the mustiness and try to get some sleep.

I attempted to set my alarm but the time on the clock was off by several hours. Normally this is not an issue but I could not find any way to change the time. The instructions to set the alarm were clearly marked but there was no obvious way to set the time. After a few minutes of trying to figure it out for myself I contacted guest services. The representative I spoke with had an almost laughing tone when she said that maintenance had to set the time with a screwdriver. Why any hotel chain would install an alarm clock that is impossible to adjust the time on is beyond reason. Do they think that people are intentionally changing the time to cause the next traveller grief? In lieu of being able to set the time on the alarm clock I decided to set a wake up call. I dialed the number for voicemail and was sent into a multi-step automated voice response system that added to my frustration.

Finally done with my pre-sleep ritual I pulled back the covers and started to crawl into bed. I immediately noticed a one-inch burn mark on the sheet of my no-smoking room.

This uncharacteristic of any Hilton property, especially a full service/full price Hilton.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business