“Great Sunday Brunch”

Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Durham, North Carolina
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

This is an above average hotel with clean rooms and the staff did a very good job straightening up the room on the four days that we stayed there for a wedding.

What made it excellent was the $20.00 Sunday Jazz Brunch. I have dined at the Jazz Brunch at the Commander's Palace in New Orleans and this was much better for half the price. If you are in Jackson, MS on a Sunday, do not miss this meal.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Al M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Hilton Honor members receive varying treatment at different locations, but the reception here was great. The property has a floor where Honor members are placed with a dedicated lounge (at least it did when I was there and forgot to write a review). The room was excellant and the staff was great. The lounge was especially useful for the business trip I was on.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank attytravel
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 11, 2008

I was there on business for the weekend, and dispite the other reviews, my stay wasn't that bad! Our group of 8 was able to check-in 2 hrs before time so we would'nt have to wait-which was very nice. The lobby was very comfortable and stylish (loved the look of the sitting area). Being the only male in my group, I was a bit sad that I could'nt get a King bed......weeeh,weeh,weeh!

Yes, the hotel is going through major renovation (new furniture and flat screen tv's clutter the hallway during the day) but that says there is a conscience effort to better the property. The pool was open while we were there, but our schedule didn't allow us to enjoy or hate it. There's a Wendy's, What-A-Burger, and gas station within walking distance,which is nice, and the mall is 5 minutes down the road....but too far to walk. *FYI* Beware of the extra taxi charges for "entering into another county" while enroute to your destination (we were dooped 6 extra dollars for that mall ride because it's technically located in the next county)

The breakfast buffet was fresh, really good, and offered an array of choices for anyone to enjoy.

Overall- the staff was nice, stay was good, hotel as clean as it could be under the circumstances!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank WeWannaGo2
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I went to Mississippi to lounge by the pool and just get away while visiting a friend. The website made this Hilton look perfect. UnfortunateIy, it was most misleading.
Check-in went smoothly, and my room was a good size with updated bed linens. However, as I inspected the room, I found that the bathroom was not clean, especially in areas that would be hard to reach for the staff such as behind the toilet. Though that was hard to put out of my mind, I then decided to go get some ice. The ice machine on my floor and the above floor were both broken. I had to call the front desk to ask which floor had ice.
My next decision was to go check out the wonderful pool area I had seen on the website. Boy was I disappointed when there was nothing but an empty hole with bags of cement all around. The hot tub and pool were under renovation, however no mention of this was made on their website.
I decided to have a drink in the bar downstairs. Though the bar was nice, service was terrible. At one point, my friend decided she would simply find our waitress and ask her for another drink. (It was not crowded either, so that was no excuse.)
The air conditioning system was a bit dated or needed some work. I never could get my room as cool as I would have liked.
When I finally did complain to the front desk, I was dismissed or ignored by four different people at different times. It was though I was a bother. One person actually argued with me and stated that, "they could not help it that they were under renovation and that she was sure it was on the website."
Even though the bed was comfortable, in the mornings the staff was very loud. The walls were very thin (to the point that the adjoining room's dresser opening and closing could be heard in my room), and the door did nothing to block the noise from the hallway.
The only redeeming quality for this hotel was its fitness room. It was state-of-the-art and ended up being where I worked off my frustration.
In the end, in true Hilton style, headquarters refunded a portion of one night's stay after I e-mailed my complaints, and the hotel itself refunded me $30 for not having a pool and hot tub.
All in all, though, I would have much preferred to pay the full amount for the nice hotel I expected.

• Liked — fitness room
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness and noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank BatonRouge_Traveler
Nashville
Reviewed May 31, 2008

I am a Hilton Honors Gold member so I hate writing anything bad about the brand, but this stay warrants bad publicity. I will say that I have stayed at this hotel for business on several occasions and this was the first bad experience. With that been said, the staff could not have been any less friendly and uninformed. The desk attendant did not even get off the phone on a personal call when she checked us in and when we asked for dinner recommendations she didn't know of any. At one point we were waiting for an elevator for 10 minutes and were told that the elevators were down and to take the stairs to our room on the 12th floor. When we asked where the stairs were located, the staff couldn't tell us exactly where they were. On top of the ill informed staff I was billed twice for the room. When I called to question the second charge I was rudely told that one charge was for a no-show and it could not be taken off my account. It's hard to believe they will charge me for staying the night and a no-show on the same night. I would always recommend people to stay at a Hilton brand hotel, but I'm not sure I could recommend this particular hotel to a fellow traveler.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jrdavis
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed February 19, 2008

This hotel is in an excellent location in Jackson. I travel to Jackson frequently on business and must say that I feel the safest in this part of town. If I cannot stay at the Hilton in town, then I book my accomodations in Madison at the Garden Inn. The beds here are wonderful - very comfortable and the down comforter is nice and cozy. I am in love with the LavAzza coffee - it's really wonderful. Their room service is great - always prompt and with a great smile. Wish they had valet parking but they do have plenty of surface parking which, I suppose, is OK. Have never used the outdoor pool or spa but it looks like a lovely area to relax.

• Liked — overall room comfort
Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank canabama
Destin, FL
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Have stayed in the hotel numerous times and have always had a great experience. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good hotel bar and great restaurants. Excellent gym facility.

Staff is helpful and eager to assist in any way. Definitely recommend staying in this hotel.

Stayed October 2007