“Wear a Tux” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Gautier, Mississippi
“Wear a Tux”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Be careful! You will be profiled! Staff would rather be playing golf or working elsewhere. The most cold welcome at a hotel I've ever experienced. Check-in agent acted as if she was doing me a favor by saying, "Photo ID and method of payment." BTW, that was ALL she said. No welcome at all. Should have stayed at Hilda's House of Horrors!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ridgeland, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Building was supposed to be completed ,Water was brown in showers sinks and toilets, Had to negotiate the internet and call several times to verify confirmations as email changed everytime.
No small scale comp breakfast, very noisy construction early in the morning.

Room Tip: "Stay away or go across the street!"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Jackson for one night on our way through town. We chose the property because they accepted pets. The staff was very nice and helpful. However, no more or no less than I expected.

The property is currently being renovated which caused several areas to be closed. However, temporary areas were set up to accommodate guests.

The only complaint I have is that there wasn't much choice on where to walk your dog. However, the hotel lay-out allows you to exit the elevators and head straight to the exit. There are a few small grassy areas, but that's about it.

For the value and the location, I was very happy.

A pleasant surprise was the food. We arrived late enough we didn't want to go out. So, we ate in the bar area. In my humble opinion, it was good compared to other hotel food I've had. One had a chicken sandwich and the other a Greek salad. The breakfast buffet was a surprise. I've gotten accustomed to the regular Hilton buffet. This buffet was a few steps above what I expected.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brooks805
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stay here many times throughout the year and it keeps getting better for this weary business traveler. I've done a review here before and while I still stand by some of the issues I found the first time, I keep coming back because it's not the building, it's the people that make my stay great.

Yes, it's an older property but they are constantly making upgrades and doing things to make this massive hotel better. Recently I've seen new menu's and booklets in the rooms and I hear of a refresh coming in the near future.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member I'm always happy to stay here because of the reception upstairs and the free breakfast. I used to stay at another Hilton Chain property for their reception but the quality of drinks at this property are much better for my taste. They have Jack Daniels and Heiniken for example. While the other property serves Jim Beam and Bud Light. Just a personal preference.

The breakfast is good too! AND the staff always remembers me and thanks me for coming back. It's the little things that make it nice to come back. Parking is good too. Plenty of spaces, but turning left out of the parking lot to get to the interstate can sometimes be a hassle.

The resturant downstairs is also reasonably priced for when you don't want to drive anywhere for dinner. The ONLY suggestion I'd like to make is that it would be wonderful to be able to order dinner from downstairs and eat it in the executive lounge upstairs without the worry of a room service fee. I tried to take a drink from upstairs to the resturant to have my meal and was politely told that it it wasn't allowed.

Overall, a GREAT staff and a good place to lay your head.

Room Tip: High floor of cours to combat nearby interstate noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I waited over an hour at the airport for the shuttle to pick me up. I had called when I was taxiing on the runway to my gate and they said 25 minutes. 45 minutes later I called to get the status of the shuttle and they said they had no reservation for me. I explained to them I had called 45 minutes ago and they said they would contact the shuttle. 25 minutes later I called again and told them I had waited for over and hour and I was about to get a taxi. Finally the shuttle came (over an hour late). Next time I will just pay the money for a taxi than use the Hilton airport shuttle.
-sincerely a perturbed guest!

• Stayed November 2012
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had some folks coming in at the last minute to help us with the massive renovation of the new Miriam Weems Memorial Kennel facilities in Jackson--needed accommodations for them. Called the HILTON JACKSON General Manager Skipper Westbrook, apologizing for the short notice and, AS ALWAYS, he and the HILTON came through. Our "worker bees" were made welcome and everyone they encountered on Staff was--AS ALWAYS--friendly and anxious to please. It is no wonder this hotel and it's staff are consistently voted "#1 in Jackson!"

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JILL C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I read reviews and they were very accurate. It is rather dated for a Hilton but it is clean, the staff is very kind. I was warned by three people the first day to be careful in the parking lot after dark. Parking was very difficult (I never figured out why) but I seemed to always have to park at a distance from the front door. I was there for a week but had to make myself aware at all times. There are very few good restaurant choices within the local area. For a couple or male it is ok. If you are visiting the area book the Hilton Garden Inn early - good area, better restaurants. Breakfast in thei upstairs lounge deteriorated as the week went on.

Room Tip: No penthouse as they have rooms that have parties at night and are very noisey. For a large room tr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business