“Dicey” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Mount Prospect
“Dicey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Made a reservation while on the road. Upon arrival, hotel was in a questionable area. Too much activity. Too many young, noisy groups. Parking was an issue with adequate parking near rooms. Inside the room was not bad except for the large caterpillar walking across the carpet. OK if you are travelling, but get a room near the office in a well-lit area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

When we checked in (about midnight), we were warmly greeted and quickly given a room. When we got to the room, it had not been cleaned. The next room we were given had also not been cleaned. The manager (who was very nice) looked at other rooms and finally found one that had been cleaned. She apologized profusely and even helped us move our luggage to the clean room. She told us she had given us a $50 credit, because "no one should have to stand outside at midnight waiting for a room". We thanked her again. But when we checked out, that credit never appeared on our bill. The new asst mgr who was on duty when we checked out did not know anything about the credit. During the process of checking out, his cellphone rang and he actually took the call and gave his home address to whomever was on the line. He conducted some more personal business on his cellphone and then eventually ended the personal call and resumed our checkout. Being a new asst mgr, he apparently has a few things to learn about customer service. We also had to leave a note in the bathroom asking housekeeping to actually scrub the toilet. (The shower curtain had lots of mold on it -- I reported this when we checked out, but am not sure anything was done about it.) Breakfast was a new adventure each day. Even though the cups still said "Fresh baked waffles", we only had toaster waffles, and on three of the days, we didn't even have those. On a couple of days, we actually had yogurt available. We have stayed at this location in the past, but have never had such a bad experience before.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Pigeon Forge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Based on the reviews and pictures we decided to stay one night on our return home. The worst motel I have stayed at in the last 20 years. The room was not clean, there was some type of hardened stuff on the TV, dirt on the walls, hair in the shower and I kept my white socks on and they were dirty by bedtime from walking on the carpet. No other rooms were available due to a graduation in the area so we toughed it out, never again. Also not a good area of town, run down and unattractive.

Room Tip: Don't even think about staying here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel had great reviews and pictures which were completely opposite upon arrival. We checked in at 10:30 pm, tires and didn't want to move. For $89 we got a double "queen" which ended up being full size beds. Dirty room and bathroom. Hairs everywhere in the bedroom and in the bed. We asked for another room in which the desk attendant huffed at while changing our room. Spend the extra $20 and go accross the road to Hampton Inn! Will never trust a La Quinta again. Worst hotel experience by far.

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I continue to book with La Quinta Inns & Suites because I always have an excellent experience. The service has always been 5 stars. The continental breakfast is none to compare, it is health and fresh. They make you feel as if you are important and that you are number one. The pool is always beautiful. The rooms are immaculate. I recommend this Hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Franklin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Because I was traveling with my two dogs and cat staying at a La Quinta was the most convenient. Don't get me wrong, La Quinta's are great and I've generally had great experiences at every one I've stayed in. However, this hotel was in rough shape. My room was not carefully cleaned--I found a cup on the floor next to the night stand from a previous guest, there was mildew in the shower, and whatever that large red stain on the carpet was....we'll my dog rolled on it like it was a dead animal but I'm going to guess vomit. I decided to stay in the same room because from the looks of things I didn't expect that a room change would make much of a difference--and it was only one night. But I will be telling my husband to stay at a different location when he comes through next week.

• Stayed June 2014
Walworth, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel is older, tile missing in the bathroom. Found a pile of dog food?? behind the dresser, trash in the dog area. bed wasn't bad, but the next morning when I was brushing my teeth saw 2 cochroaches running across the wall to hide behind the mirror. Would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different La Quinta
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds
Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
Extended Stay America - Jackson - North
Quality Inn & Suites Southwest
Extended Stay America - Jackson - East Beasley Road
Value Place Jackson, MS (Byram)

Been to Rodeway Inn Jackson? Share your experiences!