“HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT BOOK!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Traveling on I-20? Choose the La Quinta in Vicksburg, MS instead. When entering the parking lot of the Jackson North location, we saw it was an OLD, OLD motel configuration and the parking lot had security gates because the neighborhood is so bad.

Why La Quinta continue to lend its name to this property is beyond understanding. There are 2 other La Quintas in Jackson, MS...both close to the airport south, but when we did a pet-friendly hotel search for Jackson, MS, we chose the Hilton Jackson...upscaled with a non-refundable pet fee...the desk said $75 but my credit card was charged $50.

Question: Why does upscale mean no refrigerator, pet fee extra charge, no complimentary breakfast, only restaurants...? Still, at Hilton Jackson we had a relaxing overnight...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...ANYWHERE else!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed here a few years ago on a road trip and stopped for a second time recently. Since they were low on pet rooms (we had 2 dogs both times we stayed) we were put in the back. Our room was very dingy, with broken seals around door, bottom of walls in bathroom were cracking, and the bathtub's hot water had a constant loud stream leaking out of the faucet. Otherwise the bed was comfortable, staff was friendly, and I would like to stay there again but after this experience I will probably go elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We are between moves and while we had a bad experience at another hotel that we thought highly of at one time, LaQuinta didn't let us down. Our dog is/was welcome. The beds are very clean and comfortable, there is a nice breakfast waiting each morning. While not a 'full' breakfast it is filling and has variety. THe wi=fi is stable and has never gone done on us. The cable has a nice assortment of stations for any interest. The rooms are clean and smell just as clean. The windows are clean..UNLIKE the last hotel we stayed at where you coudlnt' see the parking lot.
The hotel has police security and on my first night there was nice enough to walk me to my room which was on the back of the property (at our request) I will stay here again~ Thank you LaQuinta!!

Room Tip: There are no better rooms in my opinion. If you are older (as my husband and myself) and you like q...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Honestly this place has gone down in services..hubby and I checked the trip advisor prior staying here,, it was rated OK,, so we get our first room, no WIFI signal, they give us another one on 2nd floor we barely get a signal but just enough.
Room did not have a trash can .,went to front desk, the gal working there was nice enough, but always get the feeling she was PUT OUT ..while waiting for it , I noticed she had just GIVEN UP some time on her Iphone,, seems like each motel we have gone to all the staff seems to be more interested in what is on their phones than the job they are doing ..
Breakfast was Ok, we were glad they had fresh fruit on offer..the bed was quite comfy..Probably will not be staying here again any time soon,

Room Tip: If you travel with "technology" check first before settling in for wifi signals
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CloggieUsa2001
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nothing stands out about this property. This easily accessible and friendly place is starting to show it's age. Typical of this age of business it could go either way. As it stands now it is close to the abyss or could be saved at the owners or managements whim. One thing that did disturb me was a group of young men that were in the breezeway next to my room that were smoking and carrying on all night. This shows a lack of awareness of what is going on with this place.

Room Tip: There are better bets in Jackson. Search around on the internet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bradford7050
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I didn't sleep well the 6 nights we were there because I found it scary. There are 3 entrances of of Frontage Rd and 1 off of Briarwood and all but one is locked at dark. There is a policeman that checks all empty rooms at dark and basically stays on the property. On Tuesday 9/17 we were preparing to go to dinner and I took our dog out before we left, I found 4 used syringes in a parking spot across from our room, I called the front desk and told them, I was told she would get someone to pick them up. We went to dinner came back an hour plus later and the syringes were still there. Luckily it was during the time the policeman was checking rooms and I notified him and he took care of it. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the tv selection was good. I just didn't feel safe. I would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business