“Was okay for very short stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed March 22, 2008

We stayed in Jackson on our way to New Orleans. It was fine for how cheap it was and for it's purposes but I would never stay here for long. The bed was sort of uncomfortable, it was difficult to find a parking spot, and our bathroom room wouldn't close because it was damaged. The location is good, however, for finding something to eat and stopping in for the night. The continental breakfast had a pretty good variety and was pretty good as well.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2008

What can I say about the La Quinta in North Jackson? On a positive side, the staff is extremely friendly......... from check in, to cleaning people, to maintenace, they were very kind and helpful. The rest of the stay had a few question marks. I stayed here for three days, and never once did my bed get made. I talked to someone on the cleaning crew, and she informed me that they couldn't get their key to work in my room, however, I always had fresh towels. Eventhough I had a non-smoking room, my room reaked of smoke. There were cigarette burns on the counters and tub. The room was comfortable enough as La Quinta's go, but had no table for my computer and I've stayed in cleaner La Quintas. One odd thing about this hotel is the noise from other guests. It almosts seems that some of the guests were living at the hotel, and they all came out to play at night. It wasn't a huge issue, but every night about 1:00 AM, There would be a lot of talking and laughing out side of my door which lasted for about half an hour. My traveling partner who was in a room on the other side of the hotel had the same experience. The hotel didn't seem to be very well run, and had a lot of maintenance issues. They advertise a continental breafast, but it's almost non-existent. Overall, if you are looking for a cheap room in Jackson Mississippi, I guess the La Quinta of North Jackson is OK, but I couldn't give them a great review.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Texlogic
Reviewed February 19, 2008

We just stayed there twice. Going and coming on a trip to the Mississippi Coast. They have done some work there. We have stayed there before and it looks like there are some improvements. One thing I wish they did that all other La Quintas do is provied a morning newspaper. All other La Quintas that we stay at have USA Today for their guest. That and Fresh Hot Waffels. Rooms are smaller but comfortable. First stay we had trouble with the internet but coming back it was ok. Rate was great.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank nanaMissouri
Reviewed February 12, 2008

My husband and I were travelling from Memphis to Nashville and decided to stop off and see the Rockabilly hall of fame and Casey Jones museum. Just wanted somewhere to sleep so stopped here. Was good enough for one night, you only sleep there after all. Went into town for a walk about and ended up sitting outside the coffee shop for hours talking to people. Met up with the artist Les who was painting the mural on the Rockabilly museum and again had a great chat. Went back to the hotel and again chatted to the check in clerk for a long time. Hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. Didnt have breakfast as we were too tired and had a lie in instead, Really chilled out place for a stop over. Very friendly people.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimGordelier
Reviewed August 30, 2007

At first I was going to book through orbitz or travelocity, but I found that if you order from la quinta directly online, they give you a better price, especially if you use the promo code found in the jackson, ms tourbook (available from the jackson tourism dept; I threw it away after the trip, so I don't remember it).

Our stay was $35/night (we stayed Friday/Saturday); the room was spacious and quiet (we had our choice of a double room or a "special accommodations" room).

We didn't have any problems during our stay. The parking lot was well lit, and we were close to *several* restaurants. Breakfast was included and they gave a good variety - muffins, french toast, bagels, cereal, toast, milk, oj, coffee, etc.

I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vickitoria
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I chose this hotel because it is Pet Friendly and a great price. It was definitely Pet Friendly, which was important as I was traveling with 3 dogs. There is no extra cost for pets. I stayed here on the outgoing trip and on the return trip.
I called and made my reservation, put a credit card down on it, and let the person know that we would be arriving very late. When I arrived at 1am, the person who checked me in was very rude, chastising me for being there so late, that she was about to cancel my room and charge my card. I explained that I had advised how late I would be, but she still acted like I was at fault.
The morning clerk was nice and polite.
On the return trip when I entered the lobby to check in, there was nobody in the office. After standing there for a couple minutes, someone finally showed up.
The rooms are very small and very used. Cleanliness is questionable. The grounds are well kept, but I would not recommend going outside at night by yourself. Security was lacking and some of the other occupants appeared to be there long term.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank EldeMack
Reviewed July 20, 2007

I made the booking over the phone, based on the great price and the fact that La Quinta is a name I feel I can trust and be safe at. When I arrived, I was surprised it was motel style.

The buldings are an awkward layout with not enough parking near rooms. The parking lots are not well enough lit in some spots especially. It is right on the freeway frontage road, so busy traffic.

The room appeared alright at first, but closer inspection revealed many flaws: curtains were too short to block all light, bathroom was VERY old (burn marks and all), not totally clean (hairs on the floor), no tissues at all in the dispenser, barely any toilet paper left on the roll, no spare TP, no iron, flimsy pillows & blankets, old style keys (plastic with hole punches.)

Breakfast was a positive. There were donuts, bagels, muffins, toast, french toast to reheat, juice, milk, cereal, coffee, bananas, oatmeal. It was fairly nice.

Staff wasn't overly friendly, but not overly surly either. I would not stay again because the room was so far below my expectations of what a La Quinta is supposed to be. I wish I had spent more money for a nicer, safer, place.

How this qualifies as a 2 star hotel, I don't know. I won't be returning or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family