New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Extended Studio Hotel

Extended Studio Hotel
Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Jackson,ms
“Fradulent Credit Card Charges”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel I was charged an extra $150.00 for some missing pots and pans that I didn't even know existed. This hotel accused us of stealing the pots and pans and when I called to talk about it they hung up the phone so they might charge you all with missing items as well very rude guest services stay far away from this place. Im in the process of seeking justice.Don't fall victim to this SCAMMMMM and the room had a bad odor and the manager did not want to speak to me about this matter

Room Tip: Don't fall victim always read reviews
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank justice923
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Extended Studio Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear justice923,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This property is very outdated and still charging prices like its brand new. We rented a penthouse which had three beds and only had bedding for two, no one was at the front desk at 10pm to help us(except security) and the bathrooms, furniture, and kitchen were not clean.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Sheena R

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well, got to beautiful Jackson, MS back in March. It's now June. I've been staying here at the Studio 6 for what seems eternity....but, outside of an apartment, I couldn't ask for more. I'm in a 1br 'penthouse', which is their loft apartment. Full kitchen (bring your own pots, pans, cutlery, cooking utensils...etc.), fireplace, comfy bed, 'interesting' neighbors, but quiet, near everything, and a great value. Be prepared...the tv's suck...(I went to Walmart, $178.00 goes a long way - hello, 32" flat screen....), thee is no breakfast offered, and housekeeping likes to mess with your thermostat. All in all, I'm still here, working...and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Except home.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Jimmy303
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Room was spacious with a full kitchen. We brought a pet and the pet fee was $10 which was good. Area was okay but since this is a weekly rental motel u don't have the greatest people staying there. I would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Bray1117
Abilene, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked a room here because we got a great rate for a 7 night stay. At $50 a night my expectations were not very high. My daughter,who lives in Jackson, had a baby and we just needed a place to sleep. The place is definitely run down. The steps leading up to the room are in need of repair and paint. The chair in our living room was so dirty I did not really want to sit in it . You could tell housekeeping had (sort of) cleaned the room, but the corners were still pretty dirty. The bed was Ok, but my husband said he woke up with a back ache most days. Without having read the previous review, I knew this was the type of place NOT to leave any valuables during the day . I probably won't be back. We wlll spend more money and go somewhere a little nicer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jmgoodnight
Jackson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was staying in this hotel about two weeks, forgot and left an expensive watch in the hotel. When I got ready to leave I noticed that my luxury watch was gone. It was a very special watch given to me by my husband because we don't wear jewry because of our religion and that watch meant a lot to me. I call and they were unable to return it to me or pay the value of the watch. My husband was devastated for apparently reasons, $12,00.00 worth.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't leave values out or medications. Anything that you want make sure you keep i...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Terri W
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have stayed there before it was studio 6.When we checked in,our room that we had made the reservaction for,they did not have.They put us in another room and said would help us move when our room type came open.Tiffany the"assistant" manager is SO rude and she will just lie to you.We stayed there 3 and a half months,had to move 3 times(NO HELP AS WE WERE TOLD) due to leaks.Then they put people above us with FOUR small kids,who were up ALL hours.Not normal noise,running,jumping crying.We talked to Tiffany on monday,she said she was sorry and they should of never of put someone with that many kids above someone and would move them.Tue. when we got home from work,they are still there,lous as ever.Talked to Tiffany,said was still going to move them but didnt because of the rain.Wed., we got home,cant move them because home office said she had to treat both of us fair.But she did bring the man down whos kids was making all the noise to talk to me.WOW that is not the way to handle it.I shut the door in her face after telling her we were sick of being lied to.On friday we did pay for a day so we could move out sat..When we paid she said they peopple were moving out that day,another LIE.The maintenance men are the only nice people there.The owner lives there and maybe he will wake up and see his guest are leaving because of how they are being treated.We are not the only people who left because of Tiffany.Its not a bad place,just needs alittle work and new help.The workers need training how to treat people.Hey,stay at the Starbridge,its about $50 a week more,but you get what you pay for.SOO much nicer,cleaner and the staff are great,they must like their jobs!

Room Tip: Assistant manager Tiffany and staff are rude,and they lie
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family