All reviews rooftop bar koi pond small balcony downtown jackson chef bruce elvis room sitting room fries biscuits separate sitting area gated parking outside patio mississippi state road trip fresh fruit great place to stay southern charm
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

Fresh flowers in the bathroom?? Sold ! Rarely do you find a hotel that still does that . Breakfast has fresh roses too . From the art to the architecture ,great service to great SHOWER!! Lol there are so many nice touches on this property . Can’t wait to come back . All staff friendly and professional ... great garden to relax . Thanks mindy . Nice to meet you !

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
oldcapitolinn, Manager at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.... I appreciate your kind words!! Hope to see you again!!

Reviewed April 24, 2019

This is a very small older hotel but has been updated. We had a wonderful king suite, large living area and a large king bedroom. The staff is great and helpful. Only negative is there is not any bars or restaurants close to this Hotel. We walked to the Capitol, after the tour we walked back a different way and could not find a bar to get a cold beer.

Room tip: King Suites are very nice
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
oldcapitolinn, Manager at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Thank you for staying with us.. I appreciate your kind words on the hotel.... I'm sorry that you had a hard time finding a place to get a drink... there is a bar 1/2 a block from us.. but I don't know all the details on your stay... Thanks again and I'm very sorry! Hope you will come again! I agree a Cold beer at the end of the day on vacation is nice!!

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing stay! We came in early-just before a large storm. They allowed us too check in early so we wouldn’t have to unload our car in the rain. We then ate our lunch in the hotel restaurant-seafood lasagna- by the koi pond and watched the storm roll in. When the tornado sirens went off, they offered their basement-furnished- as a storm shelter. The staff is warm and hospitable, our suite luxurious, we were very happy with our choice!

1  Thank Marbel123
oldcapitolinn, Manager at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words... I'm glad the staff made you feel safe! Hope you will come back when the weather is better.

Reviewed April 11, 2019

This is a renovated historic hotel about 3 blocks from the Capitol, the Governor’s Mansion, and several museums. Staff were friendly and responsive. We were in the king suite which had a separate sitting area and felt very homey for us to relax in the evenings. Breakfast was just exactly right and a good start to the days.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
oldcapitolinn, Manager at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! Glad you took time to tour our city. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 5, 2019

This is a nice hotel with certain limitations. The check in was easy and seamless and front desk personnel were very nice. It was also nice to have gated parking. The room itself was nicely appointed but… We stayed in room 11 which was non- smoking but there was a Styrofoam cup filled with cigarette butts on the small balcony. The coffee cup for the Keurig was also dirty and the bed was VERY firm. (I like a firm bed but this was beyond what even I like.) Breakfast was included but it wasn’t noteworthy and there were no options. The scrambled eggs and grits, both hot, were served with sausage and bacon which were both cold. There was also a biscuit that was OK but no fresh fruit (my husband got the last orange on site). Maybe my expectations were too high for this property but we were both disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
oldcapitolinn, Manager at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to respond... I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I will make sure I go over with housekeeping!