“This is one of my favorite spots in Jackson.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Capitol Inn

Old Capitol Inn
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
New Orleans, Louisiana
“This is one of my favorite spots in Jackson.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The first time I visited this boutique hotel, I was pleasantly surprised with how quaint and comfortable the facilities were. My room is always quiet and my mornings afford a beautiful view of the courtyard. I would recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Each room is different so share your needs and request descriptions.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NatalieC662

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great location, the rooms are clean and quiet ! Everything was perfect. I was able to print out my boarding pass at the business center. I had a business meeting nearby and the taxi did not show up, I was going to be late. The hotel's owner/manager dropped me there with her car. I was on time for my meeting. Incredible!

Room Tip: My room was perfect and quiet. I presume all others are the same
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank athieffry
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We were pleased with our stay at OCI. Spacious suite, comfortable bed, gated parking, good breakfast. The main complaint I had is the cost of using the Keurig coffee maker in the room. The coffee pods were $1.50 each! And when I went to pay for it at the front desk, I was charged $2. Also, while the breakfast is good, the breakfast hours are limited. On Saturday it's served from 8-9:30. I usually eat breakfast by 7am. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with Old Capitol Inn. Although the front desk attendant was unfriendly, the manager helped us with our luggage. Our room was lovely; the only complaint we had that there wasn't an ice machine on our floor which required us to call the front desk to have them bring us some.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harry T
Shreveport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Although I can't quite give Old Capitol Inn 5 stars...it deserves 4+ because though it has a couple of little quirks I don't like, I still like it well enough to come back year after year! The rooms are quite nice and the breakfast is very good. There is one good place for supper within walking distance, which I like, and the parking is gated and secure. To get that 5th star, I'd like to see them upgrade their little wine and cheese set up in the evening. It's a little skimpy and cut-rate looking. If you're going to do it, do it well! Otherwise, I like Old Capitol Inn a lot and will be back again on my next trip to Jackson!

Room Tip: Front side gives you a street and city view, back side gives you a garden view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stacey H
Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My nephew and his bride had their rehearsal dinner and reception at the OCI recently and members of the wedding party booked the hotel for two nights. It was a wonderful experience from the helpful friendly staff to the gourmet food and beautiful flower arrangements. I had a most memorable experience after having learned to swim at the old "Y" pool in my growing up years. The owners of the Inn have done a remarkable job in creating and boutique hotel with such creativity in depicting Mississippi in every room. My favorite was the Walter Anderson room. Thanks to everyone for the memorable experience.

Room Tip: Walter Anderson room was decorated creatively. It had a sitting room as did room 4.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gary, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at Old Capitol Inn and it felt a little spooky. Walked into the hotel it had an old smell to it. The carpets were visibly dirty.The receptionist was nice.There was one other guy seem like he was there to make sure you got everything you needed for the night. Those were the only people we saw. Felt like we were the only ones in the entire hotel. You could sit and eat in the courtyard with tables and chairs also had a garden with a very small bridge to walk across. The rooftop was a little scary, furniture was old and worn out especially the floors. My husband enjoyed the wine and cheese. The room we stayed in was the Mississippi Delta. Good bed very comfortable. Shower was excellent. When we used the Jacuzzi the jet stream blew out black trash. Had to wash out 3 or 4 times before we felt safe to use it. Breakfast was nice, we were the only ones there. The Old Capitol has the right ideal but need to be renovated to update and it could be a very nice B & B hotel. I gave it a 2 only because it was gated, the breakfast was good, great shower, and comfortable bed. but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple