“Pizza and ice cream, must stop”

Sal & Mookie's New York Pizza and Ice Cream Joint
Ranked #9 of 380 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Deerfield, Illinois
“Pizza and ice cream, must stop”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Brought the family on our way to New Orleans, and found a great place near the capital. None of the bad stuff, fresh ingredients, great crust, famous shakes, worth the stop if you are in the area.

Brandon, Mississippi
“Way Overrated!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've had pizza all over this country and when a local mentioned Sal & Mookie's as the best place my husband and I had to check it out. What a huge disappointment, waste and time, and money. The college student waiter clearly isn't looking for a career in the hospitality/restaurant field. The pizza options were not abundant as we expected for a Pizza Joint! We ordered the pepperoni pizza - it was lukewarm, skimpy on the pepperoni, very greasy, and the topping slide off the crust. I make a much better pepperoni pizza at home. We'll never recommend Sal & Mookie's to anyone, and won't be back. Caesars and Hungry Howies offer a far better pizza in taste and value.

• Visited September 2013
Liz L, Public Relations Manager at Sal & Mookie's New York Pizza and Ice Cream Joint, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hi Jackie,

We are so sorry that you were disappointed with your experience at Sal & Mookie's. If you look at our other reviews, you'll see that this is not usually the experience that people have in our restaurant. We would love to make up for your disappointment and make it the experience you deserve - fun and delicious! If you'll e-mail me back at LizL@bravobuzz.com, we'd love to send you a gift card to come back and visit us... Give us a second chance! You won't be disappointed!

PS - Thanks for your review. We always see criticism as constructive... Always looking for ways to improve... Always striving to do the right thing...
Birmingham, Alabama
“Fun place and great food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My daughter's soccer team recently had their team meal here. The waitstaff was amazing in their ability to handle our high-maintenance large group. The food was wonderful. My children had pizza and my husband and I both had the 'chopped salad'. The salad was truly one of the best salads I have ever had! I also tried some bites of the pizza and it was delicious as well with a unique flavor.

• Visited October 2013
Baton Rouge
“Fabulous, creative, delicious”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Amazing Pizza and Italian dishes. I went with six others after my grandson's graduation--we shared the seafood pizza, Eggplant parmesan, draft beer, and another pizza---not even a crumb left. i wish we had had room for dessert.

• Visited May 2013
Monroe
“Family friendly and good food.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a good time. It was a bit loud and crowded but the foods quality and amount are wotrh it. Parking was a little creepy farther west on Taylor Street. I would suggest staying close to State Street or Canton Road when parking or use a valet. I would definitely go back for sure.

• Visited September 2013