“What a great place”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The rap on this restaurant, from what I'd heard, was terribly slow service. That was not my experience. We stopped there on the way to New Orleans. The service was prompt and friendly. The food we ordered arrived quickly. If you want pizza, just order one slice. They are huge. Good, too, in the Chicago style. I usually don't get dessert, but I made an exception for their lemon cake and was glad I did.
One big surprise was the tab. VERY reasonable.
If you find yourself in the Jackson area, around a mealtime, Sal & Mookies is well worth the visit.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I do not eat there often but we did have my class reunion meetings there. I love the chicken pizza and when I do go that along with their hot wings are a must for me.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We eat here frequently when we visit Jackson as it is a college kid favorite. The wait can be long, but we usually go late. If it is nice, the large porch is a great place to dine. The parking lot has security. The pizza is consistent, although the service gets a little backed up when it is busy. They even ran out of pineapple one night, so no Hawaiian pizza. The pizzas are loaded. The salads are good, lots of good stuff on them. We haven't found a better pizza in Jackson.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband I enjoyed our meal and our waiter did a great job. The pizza and wings were good, and the banana split was perfect! The only problem was we were seated by the ice cream bar. Throughout our meal we were inundated with children yelling their ice cream demands to parents and staff. While this wasn't a huge issue for us, I would suggest that the hostess consider seating couples sans children away from the ice cream bar.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Good food, prompt initial service but took 15 minutes to get my 2nd beer after ordering one because he forgot. Would have ordered more drinks but follow up service was too slow to make it happen. I wonder how many tabs are 20% under what they should be because of the poor followup. Pizza is very good and great selection of beer. i would return and hope the staff doesn't forget the refills.