“Be Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This little restaurant doesn't necessarily look like it but it is 1 of the best in Jackson, frequently winning local awards for Best Mediterranean. It is in the charming Fondren District with several hospitals nearby - packed with hospital workers @lunchtime - so try to get there early for lunch. I favor the tilapia plate but my friends say the lamb is the best! Good tabouli & Great hummus & Yummy desserts! You should try it & do bring a friend but if you are a hungry single person, go on your own as it is not out of the ordinary to see solitary diners.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I went to the Flowood location today. I had previously eaten at their other location and thought it was great but I was so disappointed today. It was VERY warm in the restaurant, so much so I almost walked out immediately, but I had gone out of my way to get there. One customer felt the same way apparently and asked the waitress to please turn on the air she could barely breath. I ordered the chicken kabob plate that comes with hummus and salad and rice. I agree with the other reviewer that said there was just too much stuff on the plate. It's messy. The chicken did not taste like I had it before, kind of had a weird taste today. The hummus is the best I have had in Mississippi and the greek salad is excellent. I would order that again. But all in all, I was disappointed today,

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This was my moms first experience with Mediterranean Food and she loved it. The waitress asked if we wanted wheat or regular pita. I had not had wheat before so she brought us a mixture of the two. The waitress seamed somewhat agitated when I asked her for more of the regular as my tastes did not care for the wheat. The food was good although pricey.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

While visiting our son and daughter-in-law, we ordered take-out from the Aladdin Grill in Flowood, on Lakeland (Highway 25). My son and I went to pick up the order, which was ready to go and reasonably priced. We got an enormous amount of great-tasting food for $33.62. Among other things, we got a vegetarian plate (enough food for leftovers, with two people splitting it), hummus dip, Arabic pickles, sauteed veggie plate, and a gyros sandwich. As far as the ambiance in the actual restaurant, I would say there isn't any appropriate to the type of food available. Bottom line, the food is great, the pricing is reasonable, but I think the Aladdin Grill could be improved by making the atmosphere appropriate to the name of the place.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This restaurant has become more and more popular, and the food, presentation, ambiance, and service have steadily improved over time too. I think they have the best hummus in Jackson. Unfortunately, they don't serve alcohol, and going next door to the liquor store for a poor selection of wine is not optimal.