“Best Pizza on the Planet”
Review of The Pizza Shack

The Pizza Shack
Ranked #47 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the outside, this place looks like a hole-in-the-wall. However, I cannot describe just how fantastic the pizza here is. There are so many options and they are all delicious. Whatever you want on your pizza, they likely have something that will meet what you're looking for. A personal favorite and a must-try is the Double Cheeseburger pizza. Whatever you order, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After reading reviews of The Pizza Shack, we decided to give it a try. My son had a Carnivore pizza, and I had the Greek pizza. Absolutely delicious. We went back the next night, it was so good!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had been at their old location where the new hospital is being built, so this trip we tried the new location on Fortification. Parking is very odd, the inside of the restaurant is thrown together, sloppy, and not very pleasant for dining ---- not that the old place was any better. But the barbeque chicken pizza is fabulous! But the $24.50 price tag for a large pizza is a bit much. At that price, I would expect at least a melamine plate with stainless flatware instead of paper and plastic. The lady at the counter was nice enough. I doubt that we'll go back next time we're in town.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The inside of the restaurant is nothing special, but the pizza is fantastic. There's quite a bit of variety in the selections and the pizzas are fully loaded. Salads are also options. I've only eaten inside once, and tend to think of it more as a pickup restaurant. However, I've enjoyed a few beers at a table while waiting on our carry out orders.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The food at Pizza Shack is great. Their pizzas are all deep dish and they offer a wide variety of combinations and offerings. They also offer subs and deli sandwiches as well as hot wings of different flavors. I have not tried any of these as I have only ordered the pizza. If the pizza is any indication, they are good as well.

A small is a little larger than a personal pizza sold at a popular national chain, but is filling due to its thickness. Two people can eat a small and be satisfied.

The place doesn't much in the ambiance department. It has a small, brightl lit dining area with low budget tables and chairs - hardly the place to impress a date. The parking area in front is small, but there is additional parking in back.

Easily, this is the best pizza place in Jackson. However, it is better suited for takeout than in-location dining.

1  Thank Cleindian44

Been to The Pizza Shack? Share your experiences!