“Great Authentic Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Finestra - CLOSED

La Finestra
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: Chef-driven, Modern Italian cuisine - Farm-to-Table - Vegetarian Options - Exceptional Wine List
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great Authentic Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I knew I was in Jackson because I was looking out the big plate glass windows at the Govenor's Mansion, but I felt this experience could happen in New York, San Francisco or Naples. La Finestra is a small intimate dinning room in an art deco building. The service is very friendly and helpful, but the food it the big draw. From Burshetta, to salads which tasted so fresh, to the pasta which is made there, and the meat courses, everything was delicious. We made room for the flowerless chocolate torte and ate every bite. We will return. Suggest reservations as this place is getting a well deserved reputation for excellence.

• Visited June 2014

“Fantastic Italian”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Best of the best in Jackson. Menu changes weekly. Fresh and homemade from scratch. We all ordered different and will go back again. Service was above average and the food made you feel you were in northern Italy. Each dish was excellent and the presentation reminded us of the French Laundry. Overall the finest quality food currently offered in Jackson.

• Visited June 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
“For Jackson, This Is A Taste Thrill”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

In the last thirty years Jackson has increased in excellent restaurants and music. This new addition is outstanding. Hand made fresh pasta, Salad greens that are fresh and delicious (not bagged) and sauces superb. Chef Tom Ramsey is present and anxious to know what you liked and did not care for as much. The Lamb Chops are wonderful and the spaghetti and meat balls are enjoyed by my husband. The Florintino Salad with almonds and goat cheese is also excellent. Good lunches but not as exciting as the night time fare.

• Visited April 2014
“Real Italian cuisine”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been to La Finestra twice. Once as a couple, and once with a group. We have recently been to Tuscany, and I would say that this is the closest to the simple Tuscan cuisine that we experienced in Italy that you can find in Jackson. Service is top notch, wine selection was great, and the location is great as well. It is on a brick street downtown right across from the Governor's Mansion. My only complaint was that the monkfish was overcooked significantly the night we went--as was the others that ordered the same thing at our table. Would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank marciekaputnik
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic!
The Brussels sprouts were extraordinary. I have never had better, I wish we could do that at home. Next time I will have a double order!
The ravioli and the spaghetti were excellent.
A wonderful evening even though we didn't get to see Tom Ramsey, a fantastic chef.

Visited April 2014