Jackson Marriott
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$84
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskbristol loungespecial thanksfull service hotelextra towelsmississippi bluesoutstanding customer servicebell hopolder hoteldowntown locationentire stayroom ratebeds were comfortablebusiness tripwater pressurecomfortable stay
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at the Jackson, MS Marriott for 2 nights. We were very happy with everthing. The beds were comfortable and had AWESOME comforters. Everything was fancy, clean, and they had great service. The only thing is, DO NOT eat at the restraunt there. It is WAY too expensive. Like $35 for a steak. But, that's not a problem. We only had to drive less than 5 minutes away to get something to eat. Also, it is located by some beautiful historical buildings. We also walked to a nearby park. It was gorgeous! Another thing, don't believe what you read online about downtown Jackson. It was hardly any traffic, the people were very nice, and it was beautiful. The pool was wonderful, too. They had a kiddie pool that was 2 feet deep, and a big pool that was from 3-8 feet deep. It has a capacity of 75, so it was big. But, all in all, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I have traveled for 12 years exclusively with Marriott hotels. I have been spoiled by Marriott hotels in other locations: Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Dallas, Houston, Midland, Denver, Los Angeles, etc. Stay away from Marriott in Jackson, they could care less if they have your business.

I have used Marriott for stays while traveling on business, presentation facilities and luncheons for both prospects and clients. The luncheon we hosted at the Jackson Marriott was the worst experience in my total 12 years using Marriott. Although the front desk and restaurant staff went out of their way to help with our luncheon and presentation to 25 people, the sales department was discourteous, did not even check on our meeting, we lost internet connection during the presentation and the entire sales staff, including the manager, acted like they were basically there to do us a favor rather than to provide a service.

Even after our complaint was heard by the Manager of Sales, nothing was done!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank leahspears
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was a perfect hotel for our 3 star rating that we paid for on Priceline! I was so disappointed with our interaction with Hotwire, that I will never believe their crap star rating. I was extra-ordinarily pleased with this hotel. We were greeted by the best at the front desk "Andrea", she was not only pleasant but helpful to the farthest extent possible. She corrected an issue and helped us find out way later in the evening when looking for a place to eat. The hotel was convienently located for a downtown area but not the life of the party---if that is what you are looking for. We found the amentities comfortable and clean. We were extra pleased with the bath and body works items in the bathroom. The pool was fun, even no hot tub, we had our desires met. There were big towels waiting for us at pool side and we appreciated the other items like the abundace of towels in the bathroom. We had breakfast the next morning and the staff was willing to make anything we wanted. The waiter was approachable and met every need. I would say that we were beyond pleased! Priceline did a wonderful job of appropriately giving us a hotel with high standards...again Hotwire was a disaster!
Thank you to the staff of this hotel, superb!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I moved to this property after a bad experience at the Residence Inn in Ridgeland, which is my company's preferred property.

I have stayed here 4 times, and have been satisfied every time. Desk staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, and the beds are very comfortable. The view is nice. Parking is convenient, although a financial consideration if you are not on an expense account.

The hall decor is somewhat dated, and the room doors look like something out of a 70s sitcom. But otherwise no complaints.

The restaurant is overpriced. I am a vegan, and after 15 minutes of trying to explain what that meant to a waiter (even though I was the only patron, the chef was too busy to come out himself), I got a tortilla with grilled peppers in them, but was charged for a full meal with meat and cheese. I now eat elsewhere.

But otherwise, this is a great choice for business travelers and families in the heart of Jackson.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We needed a Hotel that was convenient to the Hospital and this fit the bill perfect. Won't disclose what we paid through Priceline.com but we were quite satisfied with the Hotel and all staff we encountered on our short stay. Hotel has a beautiful lobby and restaurant, that served a very good buffet.

Our room was well appointed and clean. Only thing that I'd suggest is a more modern up to date flat screen TV.

Will indeed consider the Jackson Marriott only any future visits in this area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple